• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Football News Thread 2018/19 - everything not Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am actually more concerned that they let their annoyance from getting the shit kicked and stabbed out of them by Everton fans in 1973 fester for over a generation before trying for some half-arsed revenge yesterday.

Neither club comes out of that well at all.

(Not to try and belittle the racist chanting - it's just the world and his dog knows that about Millwall. Scumbag club)

Kick them out and points deduction. Same goes for Chelsea and any other club. Only way to make them change.

I completely understand why Bruce would take a break, regardless of what I think of him as a manager and author, he's had a tough year personally. What I don't get is why he accepted a job if that was the case really - but maybe I am being harsh there, I don't know.

Wednesday approached Bruce, he told them he wouldn't start the job until February, they chose to employ him on that basis. He's not done anything wrong

Wednesday approached Bruce, he told them he wouldn't start the job until February, they chose to employ him on that basis. He's not done anything wrong

He's done nothing wrong in the normal world, but this is football and a lot of fans are absolutely nuts, if the team start well under his tenure then he'll be ok, however if they are are poor for 4 or 5 games he won't last long.

Someone just sent me this trivia question.

Two players to have lost finals in each of the Champions League, FA Cup and League Cup with three different teams.

I guessed at CR7, Evra, Ballack and Fabregas. 0 out of 4...

Any ideas?

3 of the players you guessed only played with one English club. :icon_lol:

Well the question is badly worded IMO, so I thought it just meant 3 clubs in total for all those competitions, not 3 for each.

Someone just sent me this trivia question.

Two players to have lost finals in each of the Champions League, FA Cup and League Cup with three different teams.

I guessed at CR7, Evra, Ballack and Fabregas. 0 out of 4...

Any ideas?

It is badly worded... Have they appeared in 1 final with each team (Cl = Man U, FA Cup = Liverpool, League Cup = Chelsea) or all finals with all 3 of the teams?

Well the question is badly worded IMO, so I thought it just meant 3 clubs in total for all those competitions, not 3 for each.

Either way they'd have to have played for more than one English club to lose the FA cup and League cup with different teams wouldn't they.

I've seen the answers now, and it does indeed just mean one of each with three different clubs.

All in the modern era?
I'm struggling here but Anelka? Kolo Toure?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back