• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Football News Thread 2018/19 - everything not Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ronaldo's image rights deal will ensure a very hefty percentage of that revenue will go straight into his pocket and that of Uncle Jorge.

Ronaldo's image rights deal will ensure a very hefty percentage of that revenue will go straight into his pocket and that of Uncle Jorge.

Also Real Madrid still retain some image rights on certain long term contracts with the player.

According to those numbers the club does make money back, on a royalty basis which is risk free for the club. Not bad work if you can get it.

Man Utd's shirt deal is worth £75m per annum.

You’ve got to ignore the 15% and the annual fee though as clubs don’t make any money out of shirt sales.

They will make money from the Name and Number going on the shirt though...not a great amount but spread over a high number of shirts that will add up. They will also sell the license for companies to buy to show the player in JUve colours. Ronny will get around 25% of that license fee and the rest is all Juve's. They will make a packet from him across his time at the club

I didn't realise that CR7 has a lucrative sponsorship deal to be the face of KFC in Saudi Arabia. But only Saudi Arabia. Odd one that.

Doesn't look too clever for Palace:

3_F447_E2_E_537_E_48_A8_913_B_EA7078_A0_EE75.jpg

Their squad is really weak at the moment too. Gaps everywhere.

There should be 3 teams that are worse than them still. Cardiff and Huddersfield are two straight away.

Perfect situation for Levy, will sniff blood and take Saha at a reasonable price I'd have thought

There should be 3 teams that are worse than them still. Cardiff and Huddersfield are two straight away.

True but they have lost Cabaye, RLC and Sako from last season and not replaced them (and it doesn't look like they can). Striking options of Benteke (looked finished last season), Sorloth (cheapo gamble) and Wickham (always been dire).

Could we tempt Loftus-Cheek then if Palace can't afford him?

Chelsea would be stupid to loan him out again. Not sure if it's even on their agenda to do so.

I mean sign him permanently.

Oh. Well they surely aren't going to sell him :icon_lol: It would make no sense. They want rid of Drinkwater, I'd take him here if he's fit. Not for anywhere near £35m though.

Usain Bolt in talks with CCM about a trial with the A League side.

It's got to be a really difficult thing to judge, like if they've sold half a million CR7 shirts that doesn't mean they're all new sales just because they signed Ronaldo, 90% of those might have already been buying a Juve shirt and just decided to get his name/number on there to mark the event so he's not really generated a shirt sale in that instance. That''s before you're even looking at the amount of the sales figure that gets taken by the tax man at various stages before it's divided up between club, manufacturer, retailers and potentially the player himself in some instances.

Apparently they sold 800,000 in total last season, so id assume a large percentage of this 520k were due to CR signing.
Will our shirts be for sale in JD etc this time around??

Will our shirts be for sale in JD etc this time around??

They should be. Fosun are moving Wolves away from stuff only being available from the club and they want our shirt on sale in China and everywhere else - Unless they are planning on opening a crap load of Wolves Megastores over there, they will be relying on Adidas to sell in their outlets and other sport shops

I thought they’d said they’d only be available through the club

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back