• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Football News Thread 2018/19 - everything not Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just announced it I think (Cancelo I mean). 40m euros, five year deal.

Is there any point Milan selling Silva now if they're already banned, not going to get overturned if they flog a few players is it?

The point I guess Mark is that the big pull to stay at AC Milan may have been European football. Staying there means no Europe next season (same as us) and no European football the season after (they have nil chance, we have a slight chance). More that the player may be more tempted than Milan suddenly must have a fire sale.

Is there any point Milan selling Silva now if they're already banned, not going to get overturned if they flog a few players is it?

No it won't but they will need cash coming in sharpish to cover off any further FFP issues. It must be quite serious for a club of their size to get a ban. They will have to show UEFA they are taking sufficient steps to recover their position and selling a couple of players will help massively

Perhaps they couldn't find an unattended taxi with the keys in it

Sporting have sacked Sinisa Mihajlovic after 9 days. :icon_lol:

Bala have a chance there. San Marino isn't exactly a hotbed of Europa League success.

Good shout.

Bala lost the first leg in San Marino, 3-0. All the goals in the 1st half. Thankfully for Bala, Tre Fiori had a player sent off early in the 2nd half and got an extra break when the floodlights failed. Still, over £200k in the coffers for the Lakesiders regardless of what happens next week in Rhyl, so not all bad.

Cefn Druids faired better in their tie and they drew the 1st leg 1-1

Leeds fans. Brilliant.

DhQj9MnWAAA9NJI.jpg

DhQj9_YX0AY0CL0.jpg

BREAKING: @afcbournemouth to pay EFL £4.75m to settle breach of financial fair play rules when they were in Championship in 2014/15. #SSN

Wow. What a deterrent to other clubs that is...

They're not the cautionary tale though are they, Villa are (and possibly other clubs who will slip into FFP trouble this year or next).

If it works then fine I suppose. But it's too much of a gamble.

It doesn't really matter if you break the rules as long as you go up. I guess clubs have two seasons to try it by overspending.

Pop this in here and it relates to football. How long until the UK follows Italy?

Italy’s council of ministers has approved a blanket ban on gambling advertising in the country from 1st January, 2019.

Some last-minute changes were made to the ‘Dignity Decree’, allowing advertisers with existing agreements that stretch beyond New Year’s Day next year to be granted a concession to fulfil their contracts, and excluding the state-run national lottery or its products.

The ban will apply to all gambling-related products and services across all media platforms – including television, websites and radio – and sports clubs will also be prohibited from carrying sponsors from the industry.

Fair play to them. Big decision.

Things not going well at Bolton. They have called of their opening Pre-Season game v St Mirren tomorrow because the players are boycotting the fixture due to unpaid wages

Oh dear. How sad.

Transfer embargo for Blues.

They've already signed a Danish full back but now can't play him, the EFL won't allow the registration.

Not going to be the best of seasons for Teams in the second city,oh dear,how sad,never mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back