• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Football News Thread 2018/19 - everything not Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah this. Just need Chelsea to get rid of Bournemouth tomorrow and that’s 6th place sorted for the EL.

As 20/22 of the last FA Cup winners have been the big 6 and the runner up doesn't get a European Place any longer you can pretty much guarantee it going to 7th. I still think we'll finish below Everton though.

Oh agreed, I reckon Everton and Leicester will finish up above us, just nice (and a little surreal) as something to be keeping an eye on.

Don't want Europa, it's a curse on your team

I am still of the opinion we will finish between 8th-12th - but if we did qualify for Europe (whether it be through league position or cup) I would a) Back Nuno to manage that and b) expect us to invest quite a lot of money to ensure we aren't too badly affected

I am still of the opinion we will finish between 8th-12th - but if we did qualify for Europe (whether it be through league position or cup) I would a) Back Nuno to manage that and b) expect us to invest quite a lot of money to ensure we aren't too badly affected

Exactly this. I wouldn't for a second imagine that we'd do a Burnley and play our way out of the competition at the earliest conceivable point.

I'd be quite happy to get into the europa league. It would enhance our chances of players like Neves staying a little longer, as well as raise our profile with potential signings.

As machin says, Nuno, the management etc would use this to enhance our scouting. It may well benefit our transfer policy. Whilst it is unlikely, it isn't something we should fear.

Burnley have been out the EL months and are still shit. Surprisingly it wasn’t the EL that made them shit, it’s that they are just shit.

I how we get in, we’d just need to top up the squad a bit so that we had 20 good first team players. Whereas currently we are probably a couple short of that.

A warrant has been made out for Sheffield Wednesday striker Fernando Forestieri’s arrest after he failed to turn up to court.

The 28-year-old was due to face charges of threatening words and behaviour, and racially aggravated harassment.

The 2022 World Cup host Qatar introduced a 100% alcohol tax last night. Meaning the price of all beer, wine and spirits has now doubled. As a reference point, A 24 crate of beer will now cost in the region of £82.73 and can only be bought with a alcohol permit.

Sounds like Claude Puel is going to recall Harvey Barnes from the Albion. That would be a hell of a blow for our dear friends at the Crem.

The 2022 World Cup host Qatar introduced a 100% alcohol tax last night. Meaning the price of all beer, wine and spirits has now doubled. As a reference point, A 24 crate of beer will now cost in the region of £82.73 and can only be bought with a alcohol permit.

Would have thought that was the least of the problems associated with this abomination of a world cup venue

Craig Bellamy accused of bullying in his role as Cardiff U18 coach. I think Bobby Robson said he could start a fight in an empty room. I'm sure there's nothing in it- seems like such a lovely man.

Craig Bellamy accused of bullying in his role as Cardiff U18 coach. I think Bobby Robson said he could start a fight in an empty room. I'm sure there's nothing in it- seems like such a lovely man.

It's a strange one with Bellamy, whose image has got a lot better since he stopped playing (albeit from a very low starting point). First, he does a lot of charitable work without making a fanfare about it (although, the fact I know about it suggests there must have been some PR done on this) and, second, the FAW were very, very impressed with his pitch to be Wales manager.

That said, he still sounds as thick as mince and it'll take a lot more than Sky giving him some nice suits to wear to improve his ability to articulate himself. I'm very surprised by the content of the accusation here though (allegedly bullying a member of the Cardiff U18s for 'being English'). You'd expect somewhere like Cardiff to have a catchment area at youth level that covers Gloucestershire, parts of Herefordshire and pretty much everywhere on the English side of the border as far south as Bristol. Singling out English players at u18 level is going to do nothing for Cardiff's ability to recruit, particularly given how much more popular rugby union is amongst kids growing up in Wales. I just find it bizarre that he would have done this given all of that.

The guys an absolute idiot - anyone stupid enough to wind up Kevin Muscat has absolutely no filters. Can’t believe Sky employ him to be honest.

Cardiff announce Bellamy is stepping down to fight these allegations,probably round the back of the training ground knowing bellamy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back