• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Football News Thread 2018/19 - everything not Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only a 4 game ban for Douglas Costa...

I don't see how a points deduction decided by a sliding scale implemented post the offence can stand up legally.

I suppose they would say all bets are off after their brazen arrogance in signing Pedersen (who looks awful, by the way).

The Blues ownership are idiots. Absolute fucking morons. However points deductions probably won't be necessary to send them down this year, they can't score goals at all (they have some seriously awful forwards) and they aren't good enough elsewhere to just grind themselves to ~50 points.

They are desperate for Vassell to come back, but after 18 months he'll either not be the same player or will take a fair time to get up to speed. Bogle has looked like a raffle winner at that level for Wigan, Cardiff and Blues, Adams' confidence is shot and Juckiewitz(sp) has always been a lump. More often than not the playing well and only getting draws moves to defeats as confidence drains rather than wins.

I think it was pretty obvious that Andy Reid would turn into an even bigger tub of fuck when he retired.

Even so:

DoCnmCPXcAAq5_a.jpg

VAR will be used in the Champs League from next season

Anybody listen to Flintoff, Savage and the Ping Pong Guy podcast? If you can get past the opening five minutes of unfunny banter it is usually a good listen.

Matthew Syed did a scathing article on Keane (https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/roy-keane-is-ill-suited-to-coaching-0nqk3kd83) and Keane left a message on his voicemail offering to put his side of the story. Syed, although shitting himself, rang him back and discussed it with him. I'm not sure I would have had the bottle to do so (write the article in the first place let alone ring him afterwards).

Euro 2024 in Germany. I'm going to have to go.

Germany have two major tournaments in 18 years and we have had two in 58 years. Something wrong here.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

May I add those numbers are up to 2024.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

To be fair the process for UEFA and FIFA tournaments is totally distinct. One doesn't have any bearing on the other, and they haven't hosted the Euros since 1988 (when it was a poxy eight team tournament that was done and dusted inside two weeks).

I’d rather it was in Germany than Turkey. Germany has to do very little to get itself ready.
Not going to moan that we don’t get anything, think it’s fair to say England wasn’t fit to host a major tournament from the early 70’s to early 90’s.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back