• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Football News Thread 2018/19 - everything not Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Birmingham get slammed with 12 point deduction you can guarantee they won't allow Villa to be forgotten about.

Wouldn’t the team who came 22nd last season(Burton) I think have a case for legal action against the EFL?

They might defer any punishment in light of new ownership. They can't write it all off though.

It's in the post.

Maybe the new owners have an agreement that they can lose £13m this season, £26m across their first 2 and then back to normal in year 3.

Reports that Bolton could be heading into admin as soon as tomorrow. Owe £5m on a loan which was due at the start of the month and they haven't paid it.

And they owe Karl Henry a few quid as well

So, Blues and Bolton both fucked in the space of one week.

Now usually i feel for the fans in the cases. But not this time.

So Bolton would drop to 1 point and blues potentially -8. Really doesn’t look good for the EFL having the two sides sat bottom of their top league with big fat point deduction for being financial basket cases. However don’t think you can lay to much at their doorstep in these two cases.

So Bolton would drop to 1 point and blues potentially -8. Really doesn’t look good for the EFL having the two sides sat bottom of their top league with big fat point deduction for being financial basket cases. However don’t think you can lay to much at their doorstep in these two cases.

Uefa confirm they are set to introduce a third club competition alongside the Champions and Europa Leagues from 2021.

Rumours the other week were this would be for the smaller clubs and/or teams that get knocked out early doors in the Europa and Champs League.....I just hope they are bringing back the Anglo-Italian Cup

Maybe going to reintroduce some kind of "Cup Winners Cup" thus opening the opportunity for more Uefa League places in each League and winners of both of each Countries cup competitions into the new "league"

I assume this will be played on Thursday’s also? Could get to a point now where coming 8th or 9th gets you into Europe. Meaning the PL being played mostly on Sundays.

Looks like the Europa League will be cut down to 32 teams and then the new European Comp will be "Not big enough for Juventus to get a sell out against so they can play that odd team from Gibralter or Scotland Cup".

Lovely stuff classic old man up and get on with it attitude from a coach.
Think Roy Keane just hates people full stop, although Arter hasn’t been a saint in his career.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back