• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Football News Thread 2018/19 - everything not Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.
He came out with a load of old cock the other day about how they'd "lost six players" from the playoff team last season and hadn't replaced them.

There aren't six first team players that have gone, those that have (Johnstone, Terry, Snodgrass, Grabban) HAVE been replaced other than JT and that is the manager's choice, he thinks they have enough at the back, he has said so.

He was wanging on about 5 of the team being on the treatment table all week too. Well don't fucking pick them then you idiot.

Apparently he's also said he's pleased they showed spirit today otherwise it had the potential to be one of those embarrassing days(!)

I think he's elected to try and blow away the division he's playing Jedinak at centre half who is a career midfielder and it appears the mask has slipped with Hutton who has reverted to type.

Off Villa Talk

"Taxi for Bruce

Wonder if Big Sam fancies it"

"May as well get rid this break and see if Rodgers can be tempted with some stupid amount of money!"

Had a look last night,quite a few still giving it the we're a massive club,any manager should be honoured to come manage us! Rodgers won't come,he's got it too easy in Scotland,guaranteed European football or mid table obscurity in England,be ace if he did manage them,he'd be terrible I reckon

They have one more season before obscurity really beckons. Bruce is doing a magnificent job. I would give him a contract extension.

What the hell is going on here?

CorruptLikableCat.gif

What the hell is going on here?

CorruptLikableCat.gif
Apparently was the K-League All Star game a few years back. So just a joke between player and ref.

And before anyone asks, no, I didn't see it. Had to look it up.

Beckham FC badge and name revealed

DmUg1QKXoAAFvE4.jpg

Premier League to start testing VAR over 15 games

First 5 will be the ones played at 3pm on the 15th September (so we escape the first trial)

Trying to think which incidents would have been reviewed in our first four games if the tech had been there.

- Jagielka red - don't think it would have been changed, there are arguably two red card offences there
- Vardy red - wouldn't have been changed, no chance
- Boly goal - obviously would have been overturned
- City penalty appeals - don't think so
- Cresswell elbow on Doherty - could well have walked for that
- Balbuena pen on Jota - maybe

Interesting stuff on this goal. Technically the goal was ok in terms of the hand ball as the rules state it has to be delibrate to be an offence and Boly's was not that. However the reffing body in this country decided to change the Law and state that any goal scored off the hand should be disallowed. Apparently they can't do that as they don't set the rules. Obviously the hand ball wouldn't have mattered for Boly as he was also offside.

Balbuena pen on Jota - maybe

Little old Dermot on Sky on Monday said it was a penalty. There was one camera angle, which was also the refs view shows a clear foul just inside the area. At the time I didn't think it was though but I think VAR would have given us a penalty.

Lots of coaches are calling for the away goal rule to be scrapped.

Trying to think which incidents would have been reviewed in our first four games if the tech had been there.

- Jagielka red - don't think it would have been changed, there are arguably two red card offences there
- Vardy red - wouldn't have been changed, no chance
- City penalty appeals - don't think so
- Cresswell elbow on Doherty - could well have walked for that
- Balbuena pen on Jota - maybe

It all comes down to the dick in the middle though. The “challenge” on Aguero obviously isn’t a pen in anyone’s book. But the ref might give it as there is “contact” on the replay.

The sooner this contact bollocks is put to bed the better. There’s always fucking contact. You are running very close to each other at full pelt. If you’ve knocked a player off balance by foul play fine. If a player has felt contact are looked for contact and gone down (I.e Aguero) then give him a few game ban.

It all comes down to the dick in the middle though. The “challenge” on Aguero obviously isn’t a pen in anyone’s book. But the ref might give it as there is “contact” on the replay.

Obviously pundits are their own breed but every single one on NBC here says/said the Silva incident was a clear penalty. So I don't think it's quite that clear cut.

They are blind then. Absolutely split the pundits here. Some say yes, many say he tripped himself.

Tbh when I saw the replay and that the original contact was Silva tripping over Neves' right leg, I was surprised it hadn't been given. In real time, though, it just looked like he had jabbed a toe into the turf by accident and tackled himself.

There was the slightest clip on his heel. I'm not convinced it'd be enough to overturn it though, he still went down really easily.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back