• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Football News Thread 2018/19 - everything not Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.
Leicester City won't be appealing Jamie Vardy's red card at the weekend which means that he will miss the next 3 games.

The City docu series on Amazon is really good. Proper behind the scenes stuff.

Seeing Kompany in a cryogenic chamber was mental. -140 degrees....

Watched all this now and if you are a City fan it will be great watch and if there was a Wolves version it would be superb but to stretch this out for 8 episodes just made it a tad boring at times and Ben Kinglsey doing the voice over didn't work for me, all emotionless and sounded like he was bored reading the script.
A few things I liked - The kit man getting his 15 mins of fame 2) Pep being proper concerned by Liverpool, to the point they were discussing tactics etc in the dressing room before the Prem game before they played Liverpool in the CL 3) Wolves were in it (even if we did get a voice over of "Wolves do what every team do at the Etihad and defend in numbers" 4) Vincent Kompany watching the Man Utd v Albion game in his inlaws house that looks like it was decorated in 1983

Hugo Lloris arrested for drink driving. Fucking idiot

Just seen that, what a tit

Git - not going to feel sorry for him though as he can afford a chauffeur so any penalty won't really trouble him that much

It would have troubled him if he had killed someone.

I can guarantee that Spurs will fine him a LOT more than the courts can.

Woy has some serious beef with one of the scourges of football....

Watford's mascot.

https://twitter.com/footballdaily/status/1032996731183669249

tenor.gif

Some top spending at Sunderland under Ellis Short

"spending £1,000-a-month to rotate plastic pot plants around the various rooms at the Stadium of Light and the club’s other offices"

"paid £30,000 to commission a report from an external branding company on what the club was perceived to represent – only to be told that Sunderland was an “old-fashioned football club”

Up there with Risdale and his fish tank spending at Leeds
Except Risdale's fish tank cost less than that in the Imperial pub (same supplier) about half a mile from Elland Road........

Sunday times reporting that Chelsea are up for sale,and abramovich has already turned down a 2 billion yes billion bid as he feels it's worth more than that

The state of Cardiff's next 8 fixtures! They'll be lucky to get 3-4 points from this lot.

e7274b4e0837bcc8b52263bfc82e450f.jpg

I just can't see how they're going to score goals. If you've managed 0 against Bournemouth, Newcastle and Huddersfield, it doesn't augur well at all.

Time for Madine to step up and repay that £6m fee...

And the rest :icon_lol:

They had to pay Bolton at least another £2m on top of that when they went up, maybe more. Stunning work for a player who I wouldn't pay £80k for.

Beeb says they had 28% possession in the hour or so before the red card. Against Huddersfield. Who themselves have scored in one of their last eight home games and have failed to score in 23 of their 41 Premier League games.

For Colin to not just fail to change his approach upon promotion, but to actively verge on self-parody is a ridiculous state of affairs. He'll get a degree of immunity because of the superb job he did in his first 18 months, but at some point that is going to become untenable. If they end up losing the vast majority of the games that Bear has stuck up and they're still absolutely stinking the place out, old Vinny High Trousers will probably pull the trigger.

They could beat Burnley I suppose as they look terrible at the moment.

I don't care about them at all. I hope they finish bottom by an enormous margin obvs, but that's it for me. Warnock football is a disgrace and has no place in the top flight.

All their fixtures are going to look and be tough because they are monumentally shit. Although I reckon they’ll beat Burnley as they are both shit and could potentially bully Fulham at home if they manage to make it a total non football affair.

Hearts manager Craig levein taken to hospital for an undisclosed reason says the club

Cardiff are fucked. They’ve already played their ‘easiest’ games and haven’t scored once, they don’t even look like scoring. What Colin achieved last season was beyond anyone’s expectations but this league is way too far a step. Their squad is rank beyond belief so it wouldn’t matter which manager they brought in, they’ll still finish bottom by a distance.

Vardy has quit international duty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back