• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Fitness Thread

You don't have time to drink some milk but do have time to go out and buy protein shakes?

A couple of small things are the added calories in the milk and that fact that pure whey protein is faster absorbing makes it a better choice post workout. The casein in the milk along with the calories and lactose slow down the absorption process.

Milk vs Whey.

Somepeople still believe you need whey post workout. Probably because supplement companies keep pushing it. But studies show slow protein OR a mix of slow & fast protein is superior for lean body mass gains. Whey is a fast protein. While milk is a combination of slow & fast protein (casein & whey). That’s why milk post workout is superior to whey but also to soy milk for lean body mass gains: whey & soy milk arefast digesting proteins. If you don’t drink milk, the point is that a slow OR mix of slow & fast protein is better post workout. So even meat, poultry or fish is better than whey. Turns out many people have used solid meals post workout with success.

Read more:http://stronglifts.com/milk-post-workout-build-muscle-gains/

My point being is that for the average person who's not a professional bodybuilder, there's no need to go out and spend loads of money when you can just have a glass of low fat milk that will do you just as much good.

A couple of small things are the added calories in the milk and that fact that pure whey protein is faster absorbing makes it a better choice post workout. The casein in the milk along with the calories and lactose slow down the absorption process.

What is your view on drugs as an aid to bodybuilding?

Just to put the record straight I ain't looking to be a Mr Universe I've just found something I can do in retirement that I never could find time to during my working life.
I just want to make sure I'm doing it right, I'll probably give the protein shakes a trial and see how it goes.

You can do thousands of abs exercises, but if you have belly fat, you will never have a six pack. You have to burn the fat off first with a good CV routine and low fat diet. Crunches burn very few calories.

Apart from the fact I mentioned strengthening your core rather than losing weight I suggest you read around exercise regimes. There is tonnes of data to tell you you're wrong and I can't be arsed to find it for you.

Yeah I don't need to lose weight I'm about 5ft 7ins and just over 10st, just a bit of a new hobby really.

Apart from the fact I mentioned strengthening your core rather than losing weight I suggest you read around exercise regimes. There is tonnes of data to tell you you're wrong and I can't be arsed to find it for you.

Yes, I agree with the core part of your post. I can see that the
("You'll be ripped like Arnie in no time") that you posted was you joking. I was replying to that.

There is a lot of contradictory info out there on whether to bother with sit ups, crunches, etc. or not. There is also a lot of contradictory info on protein vs milk too.

Last night's run felt great. No aches or pains whatsoever. A decent pace too which I was happy with.

My point being is that for the average person who's not a professional bodybuilder, there's no need to go out and spend loads of money when you can just have a glass of low fat milk that will do you just as much good.

Yes, diet cottage cheese is very cheap and decent too. I used to buy it at Lidl, for about 40p.

Last night's run felt great. No aches or pains whatsoever. A decent pace too which I was happy with.

Do you keep a record of each run. Distance, time it took, and how you felt during and after the run? I used to, and it amazed me how certain patterns developed.

Do you keep a record of each run. Distance, time it took, and how you felt during and after the run? I used to, and it amazed me how certain patterns developed.

I log each run with Strava which is a brilliant app - it logs a lot of data, even the free version. I don't really record how I've felt though, except for the occasional 'ouch' in the comments section.

We didn't have Strava in my running days, so I kept a log.

Week 1 - Completed

32AAF2B600000578-3515339-image-a-13_1459331216135.jpg

Back