• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Film Thread

Langers, I notice you've not responded to my mini-review of the Reacher film!! To be fair the only action films I've seen in recent weeks are Skyfall and Jack Reacher and IMO the Reacher movie absolutely pisses all over Skyfall in all kinds of ways.

Because I'm sulking - you're not the only one to give it a good review!!

If many more people do, I might do something stupid and watch it myself.

Pitch Perfect made Squeeze laugh all the way to Singapore.

I have to say ,having enjoyed the Hobbit loads, that the Radagast character is bollocks and totally incongrous to the book, and indeed Lord of the Rings. Awful error to put that nonsense in.

Whilst I wasn't impressed initially with Radagast (as he is portrayed as a bit of a bumbling fool, not the gentle spirit who turned his back on the way of man) I think the character actually worked in the sense of the film.

I'm a massive Tolkien fan, I was a bit worried about what they might have done to the Hobbit, but I think Jacksons done well in creating a film, and my worry about the integration (with artistic license) of additional stories from various Tolkien sources, turned out to be unfounded as it all adds to a fantastic film. I would recommend to anyone to watch it in the Imax in 3d

I got to watch the last Batman over crimbo, another top film

I thought Radagast was ace, but he used to be Dr Who so I'm probably biased.

Never really been into superman films but I think I will go and see this one.

Watched American Reunion last night.

Quite enjoyed it - I chuckled a fair bit.

Ted is brilliant. Still the last film I watched at the cinema - which tells you how little of quality has been released recently.

Thought it was massively overrated. Few funny scenes but nothing more.

JJ Abrams is set to direct Star Wars: Episode VII in 2015.

Prometheus - HUGE let down. :(

Was really looking forward to it but thought it was pretty shit TBH. There were countless things that have been done before, and have been done better. Thought it was quite a lazy film TBH. Some nice effects but I can't say I'm anticipating the inevitable sequel as much as I was looking forward to this.

Never really been into superman films but I think I will go and see this one.

Looks a bit mean and moody to me which isn;t what Superman is about. Superman 2 is still the greatest super hero film of all time by the way.

And Lawrence 'Empire Strikes Back' Kasdan is writing 8 and 9. Unlike Lucas, it sounds like Disney are actually taking this seriously.

I can't believe Lucas doesn't have the final say on these things. If he doesn't and he actually realises he's more suited to Jackanory than Star Wars, I'd feel a hell of a lot more excited about VII - IX.

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't mega-excited anyway such is my love for the genre. There's so much mileage in the franchise if they can get the main story sorted. There's enough evidence to suggest that many writers are capable of a decent plot - Knights of the Old Republic being a prime example. That is quite splended.

Watched Flight last night - very good film!

another top performance from Denzel.

I can't believe Lucas doesn't have the final say on these things. If he doesn't and he actually realises he's more suited to Jackanory than Star Wars, I'd feel a hell of a lot more excited about VII - IX.

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't mega-excited anyway such is my love for the genre. There's so much mileage in the franchise if they can get the main story sorted. There's enough evidence to suggest that many writers are capable of a decent plot - Knights of the Old Republic being a prime example. That is quite splended.

If they released a dog turd with Star Wars written on it I'd be excited. If 7-9 are half as good as 4 and 5 it will restore my faith in the franchise.

Lucas has written the outline of a story for 7-9 but he wrote this about 40 years ago when he still 'had it'. I'm hopeful he was serious when he talked about retirement.

Back