• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Euro 2024 Thread

I agree that on the whole we were pretty comfortable at the back which is encouraging when that is definitely our weak point of the squad. It’s just frustrating to watch those players be unable to keep the ball when we know how good they all are

Speaking as a neutral in this cross-channel not-very-good-athon, I am extremely confident that both France and England will improve a fair bit over the tournament. Getting through the first game without dropping a bollock like Belgium did is probably the most important thing (unless Mbappe re-arranging his nose over his face rules him out for games, which I doubt it will).
Both teams will be forces in the latter stages. And are rightfully favourites. I will concede that Spain looked tasty though.

No one ever wins the tournament when they start of flying, there of course will be a change one day.

Winners usually grow into the game

France and England have the best Squads on paper, neither were particularly good in there opening games.

Would expect England and France to grow into the tournament and improve steadily.

We won against a very tricky side, and again very few have ever won every game at any tournament.

I would take a draw against Denmark.
As we come up against the likes of Germany, Italy etc, you would hope that England will be a much improved tea.

Might be just me, but I think Portugal have the best squad.
Bit top heavy for me, if Dalot and 88 year old Pepe are playing then they're suspect defensively, then you have the Ronaldo circus, no way he should be getting many minutes but he will.

Can't be backing Bobby Brown Shoes to win anything either.

Dalot is much better than you give credit for, and they also have Dias......i would agree with the rest though.

That "top heavy" bit is VERY good however.

Weather looks fun in Dortmund!

Decent opening 10 minutes to start to Georgia v Turkey.

Turkey on top with possession and intent then hit the post then Georgia have just drawn a decent save out of the Turkish GK.

Hes off. Its not even close Jermaine. First replay its obvious.

Again cleared up in less than 60 seconds

1-1!

Far from deserved but well done

It's awful, awful goalkeeping

They've looked dangerous to be fair, probably because of how wide open Turkey are.

Should be 2-1 Georgia. Sitter.

This game is crazy, no discipline but good fun.

Back