• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Euro 2024 Thread

Spain do look absolute class. I can't see them not winning the final in all honesty, though we may frustrate them more if we make the final.

For all Spain's quality they haven't actually created that many clear on-target chances outside of the second goal. Then they've gradually let France back into the game throughout the second half and look increasingly shaky.

Still my favourites to win the whole tournament, and this is the best they've played, but agree this isn't the team of 08-12 which would just smother opposition to death so efficiently.
Yep, two pieces of brilliance has won them the game along with a little bit of play acting and generous refereeing. Technically good but didn't create that much. France well on top second half, 37 year old Giroud should have been on earlier.

Why are they playing Cucurella over Grimaldo anyway ?

I wouldn’t be optimistic. Undercooked Shaw or Trippier will have a torrid time. Their passing and movement would cause us all sorts of trouble in the middle too. France’s back 4 is streets ahead of what we could put out.

We obviously have match winners who can could score out of nothing. But I don’t actually think we’d actually trouble a hopeless Spanish back 4 as much as we should

Morata injured in the post match celebrations?

Well done Spain, 2nd half France should have won, but you cannot miss the chances from Mbappe etc.

Laporte was superb, as was rodri.
But Shaw and walker might hold williams and jamal, so i'm not seeing forgone conclusion yet.

Spain clear favourites but their fullbacks can be got at

Reactions: b3h
FWIW I think we’ll contrive to fuck things up tomorrow anyway.
Spain v Netherlands could be very chaotic as a final

FWIW I think we’ll contrive to fuck things up tomorrow anyway.
Spain v Netherlands could be very chaotic as a final
That would be comfortable rather than chaotic for Spain. They’re pretty good.

We’re individually better in some areas, you’d take Kane over Morata any day of the year, Bellingham would walk into their side, but as you say the way they’re playing is just far better. I can’t see that changing.

We also have to remember that Spain have beaten Italy, Croatia, Germany and France, but England still haven't played a country with over 9 million people. We have had an incredibly lucky draw.
Maybe it's our year. Let's hope so.

Last edited:
Back