• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Euro 2024 Thread

Incredibly harsh saying he should have cleared Olmo's shot

Shades of Freelance Rosie slating Saiss once for not clearing one vs Villa. If he had legs that were 9 foot long maybe

France getting plenty of joy out wide. Looking dangerous.

Fancy France to score soon. Not saying Spain won't either on the break.

If we do manage to beat the Dutch (I don’t think we will) we’ll get mullered by either of these.

If we do manage to beat the Dutch (I don’t think we will) we’ll get mullered by either of these.
Nah. We're in that place at the moment where there's only an odd goal in it. They'll be favourites but we're too defensive to let a game get away from us

Nah. We're in that place at the moment where there's only an odd goal in it. They'll be favourites but we're too defensive to let a game get away from us

This is it I think people do underestimate that we’ve got some very resilient players in the squad.

This is it I think people do underestimate that we’ve got some ver resilient players in the squad.

Yep. We are unequivocally no fun to watch but we're even less fun to play against.

Like Mick's Wolves in the second half of 2009/10 with more individual quality.

Not so much the scoreline, just the game in general. We break like continental drift and would just be on the back foot constantly. We haven’t faced anyone who can attack like Spain yet and I don’t think we’d handle it. Their midfield would kill ours.

It’s a good Spain side but they’re not in the same stratosphere as the side of 2008-12, last 2 knockout games they’ve shown some real fragility when in front.

I have no idea how Spain keep leaving Mbappe or Barcola 1v1. Against a past it CB too (who I don’t think was ever quick). Pretty much France’s only avenue to attack

Not so much the scoreline, just the game in general. We break like continental drift and would just be on the back foot constantly. We haven’t faced anyone who can attack like Spain yet and I don’t think we’d handle it. Their midfield would kill ours.

Again I don’t agree, Spain would allow us more space on the counter attack. As said this is a good Spain side but by no means unplayable.

For all Spain's quality they haven't actually created that many clear on-target chances outside of the second goal. Then they've gradually let France back into the game throughout the second half and look increasingly shaky.

Still my favourites to win the whole tournament, and this is the best they've played, but agree this isn't the team of 08-12 which would just smother opposition to death so efficiently.

Again I don’t agree, Spain would allow us more space on the counter attack. As said this is a good Spain side but by no means unplayable.
Yeah there’d be more space but our counters don’t go anywhere, when we’re penned back Kane is in midfield and never covers the ground so the overload is very rarely on. The way we’re set up under Southgate I just don’t see us capitalising on it.

They’re not unplayable but they’re better than us.

Yeah there’d be more space but our counters don’t go anywhere, when we’re penned back Kane is in midfield and never covers the ground so the overload is very rarely on. The way we’re set up under Southgate I just don’t see us capitalising on it.

They’re not unplayable but they’re better than us.

Playing better definitely, player for player I think we more than match them.

Great game, looked like Spain were gunna run away with it at one stage but France turned it on second half, final ball not good enough.

Playing better definitely, player for player I think we more than match them.
We’re individually better in some areas, you’d take Kane over Morata any day of the year, Bellingham would walk into their side, but as you say the way they’re playing is just far better. I can’t see that changing.

Reactions: jlo
Back