• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Euro 2024 Thread

Most of those don't play wide right, he is way better than the 2024 version of Griezmann (he's 33 now) and any version of Cody bloody Gakpo.
He still would not get in England's starting team, Nor France's

Griezmann has looked bloody awful this tournament imv.
He has, but he has had a great season. Are we now saying if you don't play well in this tournament your shit.

By that yardstick

Neither England, France, Portugal have any good players

I think we'll lose to Spain in the final after 90 mins.

I think it would be close I think our resilience isn’t to be underestimated. They’re playing better stuff absolutely no doubt but do think they could be shithoused out of a result. They would be favourites definitely.

He has, but he has had a great season. Are we now saying if you don't play well in this tournament your shit.

By that yardstick

Neither England, France, Portugal have any good players
From SBNation

Griezmann is no longer the indefatigable player in his prime that he once was, and his incredible work rate, far surpassing that of anyone else in the Atleti attack, has cost him in the home stretch of the campaign. His final few weeks of the season saw him vanish into thin air, a hat-trick against Getafe being his only goals in the final eight games of the season. Next year, Simeone could do well to manage the Frenchman’s minutes.

I wouldn’t take Gakpo over Limahl yet alone Yamal. Yamal has been a highlight of the tournament for me, an absolute joy to watch.

At the moment the players that would get into any other semi final team based on the performances over the last year,

Spain
Rodri

France
Konte
Griezman
Mbappe
Saliba

Netherlands
Van Dijk
Depay

England
Walker
Stones
Kane
Bellingham
Foden

They barely the obvious ones of the top of my head.

The trouble now course they have not performed in this tournament

I think the other nations would take Pickford, I don’t think they’d take Walker on current form

From SBNation

Griezmann is no longer the indefatigable player in his prime that he once was, and his incredible work rate, far surpassing that of anyone else in the Atleti attack, has cost him in the home stretch of the campaign. His final few weeks of the season saw him vanish into thin air, a hat-trick against Getafe being his only goals in the final eight games of the season. Next year, Simeone could do well to manage the Frenchman’s minutes.
Still had a fantastic Season, I would hate to see him do a Ronaldo.

We have been extremely Fortunate, to be watching Messi and Ronaldo no matter who you think is the Goat. They were 2 of the best players ever.

Ronaldo has just stayed to long, he probably cost Portugal a Semi Final

I think the other nations would take Pickford, I don’t think they’d take Walker on current form
If we're talking about form.in this tournament

No one would take any English or French Players

If we're talking about form.in this tournament

No one would take any English or French Players

Every nationality I spoke to in Cologne said they would love to have Bellingham, can win you a game single handed if needed.

I wouldn’t take Gakpo over Limahl yet alone Yamal. Yamal has been a highlight of the tournament for me, an absolute joy to watch.
Gakpo is peak "just under top tier". Just doesn't excel at anything enough to be truly top-end IMO.

Back