• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Euro 2024 Thread

Yep the fawning over the performance in the studio has been fairly pathetic also. With the players on the park we have we should beating Switzerland fairly comfortably not relying on having better penalty takers than them.

Yep the fawning over the performance in the studio has been fairly pathetic also. With the players on the park we have we should beating Switzerland fairly comfortably not relying on having better penalty takers than them.
Dunno about that. Swiss are well organised and play quickly on the break. Not an easy team to beat but you do get the feeling we play with the handbrake on at times. We don't move the ball fluently on the attack and having a statue in the form of Kane doesn't help. So, on paper, yes we should be better and beat them in 90 mins but we have a coach who wants to reign them in. For me, we lose Kane and go with Toney or Watkins as they are more mobile and look much hungrier for the ball.

I’d back us at penalties against anyone these days.

Never want to see the ref again, he was fucking clueless.

Netherlands and Turkey already far more open than any of the other three QF.

Feels a bit corny saying but Saka stepping up and converting that penalty was brilliant and the fact he kept us in it. Not redemption but sticks 2 fingers up to all those arseholes who trolled him with shocking abuse

Türkiye in Dortmund will feel very much like an away game

ITV with indepth analysis at HT.....of another game

First, Southgate is such a lucky fucking manager. Evryone could see after 60 mins we needed subs, he left it until we conceded on 75

Second, his interview after the game "We can't always play well, sometimes we need to dig in" - I get that, but we could try playing well at some point though

You can't knock his record - SF, Final, QF, SF* - but fuck me, if he was more proactive than reactive, we may have won one

His record has been a par performance when you look at the routes in each tournament, including this one. You'll give him Germany in the second round as a passed test, but other than that he's failed every one.

We were OK in spells today particularly first half, but the last half an hour of normal time was fucking wank. Once we got to ET I'd have given anybody 5/1 on penalties

First, Southgate is such a lucky fucking manager. Evryone could see after 60 mins we needed subs, he left it until we conceded on 75

Second, his interview after the game "We can't always play well, sometimes we need to dig in" - I get that, but we could try playing well at some point though

You can't knock his record - SF, Final, QF, SF* - but fuck me, if he was more proactive than reactive, we may have won one

I agree that should probably F, Winner, F

It's so fucking weird, his record on paper is very impressive but I guarantee when he leaves and the next manager comes in, no one will be pining for the Southgate days.

His knockout wins Colombia, Sweden, Germany, Ukraine, Denmark, Senegal, Slovakia, Switzerland.
Germany is the big one in there, nevertheless prior to Sweden everyone was saying how difficult it would be today was supposed to be a severe test it was but we got through.
This is all post 2014 & 2016 when we were a virtual laughing stock.

Back