• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Euro 2024 Thread

Interesting analysis, particularly on their goal and Mainoo.

Last edited:
Reactions: b3h
Sad thing is I can only dream of that level of athleticism these days. I get out of breath cutting my bastard toe nails!

So when it all shakes out, the Swiss beating Italy is the only 'surprise' result (it isn't because they are good and Italy are shit). In the rest of the last 16 games, every one of the 'bigger' nations won, and all of the exciting plucky minnows went out. So the quarter finals are the boringly predictable quarter-finals you'd have expected.

I feel like someone on here may have predicted that would happen. 🤔😜

So when it all shakes out, the Swiss beating Italy is the only 'surprise' result (it isn't because they are good and Italy are shit). In the rest of the last 16 games, every one of the 'bigger' nations won, and all of the exciting plucky minnows went out. So the quarter finals are the boringly predictable quarter-finals you'd have expected.

I feel like someone on here may have predicted that would happen. 🤔😜

Only 3 quarter finalists from 2020(21) have made it through to the same stage this time. Personally I'm happy that England are still in it and all the other ties are great match ups.

Germany v Spain
Portugal v France
Netherlands v Turkey

Rumours again that there’s some unrest in the England camp, I suspect it’s not the only camp that all is not well.
If Southgate has lost the man management ability he’s basically lost most his strengths.
If we go out Saturday fully expect a list of player excuses to come out.

Rumours again that there’s some unrest in the England camp, I suspect it’s not the only camp that all is not well.
If Southgate has lost the man management ability he’s basically lost most his strengths.

What are the rumours?

Oh definitely, If(when?) We fail the blame will be pushed on the outgoing Southgate from the players - rightly or wrongly.

Definitely does seem a different vibe in this than the previous Southgate tournaments though. I guess like anything, players get bored.

Also, there isn't a natural leader in the group really is there, as Rooney said, perhaps taking Henderson wouldn't have been that bad an idea after all.

What Rumours, as most know, I am the only one on here who would rather listen at half time of other matches about England, than the chat about Spain, or Holland etc.

I read everything, I watch everything there is to watch, and not heard anything

What Rumours, as most know, I am the only one on here who would rather listen at half time of other matches about England, than the chat about Spain, or Holland etc.

I read everything, I watch everything there is to watch, and not heard anything
Here's a rumour;

Things just look very stale with Southgate and England. The Grealish call is all very hindsight and certainly not a controversial call. Can see the arguments for both sides, Grealish does offer tournament experience at least.
The biggest fuck up is only having 1 natural left footed left back who isn’t fit.
I just think he’s being very stubborn with his tactics and selections.
Players need to grow up a bit and live in reality and stop being so sensitive to what is no more than objective opinion on their performances.

Just sounds like players lining themselves up to say "it was his fault, not ours" when he leaves

At no point during this tournament have I thought 'if only we could bring on Grealish right now' :ROFLMAO:

We have many problems, most of which could be solved without Jack Grealish.

Sounds more like they want him for the craic, it’s not a stag do.
This reeks of 2006 of players not taking responsibility and leaving all the blame at the coaches door after QF exit.

Back