• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Euro 2024 Thread

Spain are also brilliant. Yamal is unbelievable.

Can’t finish though.
Spain look very good but at no point from now on will they be afforded so much space in the final 3rd.

The desiccated corpse of Hugh Johns would be better than Sam Matterface

He was wanging on earlier about how we 'just escaped the group'. Well Sam, we were undeniably shit but we literally qualified with a game to spare.

Boobies idiot.

In an ideal world there would be no football on Rishi’s favourite tv channel.

I will say it’s probably a lot easier playing fearless football when you’ve got minimal pressure to succeed on you.
Surely you should be able to play fearlessly when you supposedly have a collection of some of the best players in the world? When you don't have those players, then it is much more common to play with a lot of fear and do nothing but try to keep the score down.

Be
Surely you should be able to play fearlessly when you supposedly have a collection of some of the best players in the world? When you don't have those players, then it is much more common to play with a lot of fear and do nothing but try to keep the score down.

Depends which way you look at a lot of credit has to go to Willy Sagnol and his set up.
Georgia just qualifying was a huge achievement, they probably knew they wouldn’t get blown away much as they’ve some good players through the spine.

Ours play with a weight of expectation, as they did under Sven and Capello. Southgate was always tactically inferior, but had a flair of making them relaxed. Losing the ability to do that makes him the Championship, at best, level manager he is in charge of pedigree footballers.

Being a fan of League football I never find myself that motivated by the national team, pleased they won obviously but wouldn’t have had my knickers in a twist if we’d gone out, same will apply when we play Switzerland.

We’re very much in the hope for the best territory now.
England and France probably have the best 2 groups of players but are coached by the 2 most tactically inept coaches at the tournament and it shows massively. It’s a huge leveller unfortunately unless the players can just take personal responsibility.
Switzerland man for man are not close but gap is bridged by having a coach who knows what he’s doing.

Back