• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Euro 2024 Thread

He’s got so much so wrong, only bringing 1 left footed left back who’s not fit is beyond stupidity. Lack of crosses is baffling Slovakia conceded twice v Ukraine from balls into the box.

Said something similar before the Slovenia game, the paranoia, the nerves, the safe play, the manager playing the victim in press conferences. It's a textbook England tournament from bygone years
You can only hope we do a Cameroon 1990 rather than an Iceland 2016.

Trippier off, gomez on
Saka off, palmer on
mainoo off bellingham back with rice
Taylor on,foden into 10 position
Kane off and watkins on.

I'd have Watkins up top with Kane in a proper front two. You can shuffle around pieces in this formation but we haven't made it work all tournament so why would it change now. At least ask a different question.
Agreed. Four four f*****g two!

Bellingham off, Saka off, Foden off. Gordon, Cole, Watkins on.

The players look as nervous as teams of the past which was one of the main things Southgate has generally done well with in his time, something seems very off.

I’d put Gordon and Palmer on now anyway
It might be nerves or confidence but the set up is all wrong. Full backs not getting forward or incapable of it and the manager going with a safety first conservatism.

Southgate looking at a bloody iPad more than GoN.

The game is literally out on the pitch and these idiots are obsessed with these things.

I'd go to the 343 which I said yesterday which would be Trippier, Foden and Mainoo off for TAA, Gordon and Palmer. It wouldn't bother me if it were Bellingham instead of Mainoo

I don't usually watch England, so performances like this (and thus far in this tournament) have been quite baffling to me given the players at the manager's disposal.

The best player award winner in the PL, the best player award winner in La Liga, the top scorer in the Bundesliga all in the same team. Has anything ever been less than the sum of its parts?
You could give him the ingredients to make a beef wellington and he'd turn it into a cornish pasty.

Obviously we're hoping to keep this tight at 1-0 down and not concede a second. Fucking unbelievable he doesn't change it.

Not making any changes at half time is just outrageous. He should be absolutely fuming and struggling to keep it at 3 subs.

Oh, goal. Maybe off though. Quirk?

Love football....(unless VAR steps in)

Back