• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Euro 2024 Thread

I have no idea what Kane is doing. Just strolling around instead of making runs and opening up options.

Has Foden had a good game yet this tournament?
I don't think he can in this set up... I mean what system is it? What's the actual game plan? This is a team of individuals and they haven't been coached. You don't see any real movement or idea through the middle. Balls through the middle are well covered. And, we're not working hard enough, just simply waiting for someone to conjure up some magic.

I don't usually watch England, so performances like this (and thus far in this tournament) have been quite baffling to me given the players at the manager's disposal.

The best player award winner in the PL, the best player award winner in La Liga, the top scorer in the Bundesliga all in the same team. Has anything ever been less than the sum of its parts?

Just showed the replay of the Bellingham contact. Barely touched him yet was screaming in agony. Embarrassing.

Their player made less of a fuss when Rice went through the back of him not long ago.

I don't usually watch England, so performances like this (and thus far in this tournament) have been quite baffling to me given the players at the manager's disposal.

The best player award winner in the PL, the best player award winner in La Liga, the top scorer in the Bundesliga all in the same team. Has anything ever been less than the sum of its parts?
DVD2994.jpg

Same style of football and same deluded managerial ramblings.

Keep repeating the same mistakes and expecting a different outcome is stupidity.

The players look as nervous as teams of the past which was one of the main things Southgate has generally done well with in his time, something seems very off.

I’d put Gordon and Palmer on now anyway

Mainoo needs to cut out all that running at defenders and shooting nonsense. Can tell he's a newbie.

The players look as nervous as teams of the past which was one of the main things Southgate has generally done well with in his time, something seems very off.

Agreed. Those yellow cards towards the start reflected the pressure the players are feeling. Even before the goal you could see it in their faces.

We look shot to pieces, looks all very Iceland all over again.

This is turning out like the cricket, hoping they get eliminated so you can enjoy the rest of the tournament without feeling pissed off.

Dunno if its his natural demeanour but Bellingham looks lazy and petulant when things aren't going his way
We have to get Palmer and Gordon on or we're going out with a whimper.

I'd have Watkins up top with Kane in a proper front two. You can shuffle around pieces in this formation but we haven't made it work all tournament so why would it change now. At least ask a different question.

Said something similar before the Slovenia game, the paranoia, the nerves, the safe play, the manager playing the victim in press conferences. It's a textbook England tournament from bygone years

Back