• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Cricket Thread

Good ball from Archer to get rid of Marsh... 80-3.
Absolute peach

If we win from here and go 2-2 then sadly not sure we'll get much of a series finale on Sunday, the forecast for Bristol doesn't look too promising and it won't drain as quickly as Lord's has today.

Looks like he's hurt Marnus next ball up. No arm guard on against 90mph+ is either brave or foolish!

Archer is simply fire.... I don't think I'd want to face him in daylight let alone under floodlights.

Like last summers ashes this could quite easily have been a 4-0 lead to England.

How was that not out? I didn't see any part of the foot behind teh line.

Similar to the Agar one at Trent Bridge in 2013?
Had to look that one up as my memory isn't that good but having now seen it, I think that decision was a bit more understandable. Also, not having the lights on the stumps didn't help in that scenario. Not going to make much difference here but England can say they got 11 wickets. ;)

I’ll record the highlights, nothing more satisfying than watching the convicts get a bollocking.

England in the midst of throwing it away again... 202-2 to 238-6.
309 all out.... poor after that start. A but for some decent hitting by Rashid at the end, wouldn't have made 300.

Last edited:
Pretty much no chance of Australia getting an innings of 20 overs though, it's about to hose down and not stop.

Yorkshire currently 726/7 vs Northants. Replying to 147. Er lads, I think you have enough here.

Pretty much no chance of Australia getting an innings of 20 overs though, it's about to hose down and not stop.
The weather has just about held off and they're miles ahead at 20 overs. All over bar the shouting.

And the rain comes 4 balls after the cut off.

This is over, unfortunately. The rain has properly arrived and it's set in for the evening.

A touch over 300 was never going to be enough in Bristol. At least Duckett managed to finally land a hundred.

Game management by England was pathetic. The changing of the footwear particularly embarrassing.

Jos Buttler (captain), Jofra Archer, Jacob Bethell, Jafer Chohan, Sam Curran, Will Jacks, Liam Livingstone, Saqib Mahmood, Dan Mousley, Jamie Overton, Adil Rashid, Phil Salt, Reece Topley, John Turner.

How does Curran keep getting a gig and why are they persisting with that ludicrous Overton idea?

Back