• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Cricket Thread

Waqar must have been terrifying to face in his pomp.
I played against a player who was on the books of Derbyshire (he scored a double ton against us in a 15 - 8 ball over game!). He played a second XI game against Lancashire when Wasim Akram was coming back form injury. He said he didn't see the first few balls he faced. From that point forward he decided he was never going to make it and stuck to Minor Counties cricket and making a few quid playing as a pro at clubs at the weekend.

Classic Waqar here from that series - we went 292/2 -> 320 all out as we simply couldn't deal with him when it started to reverse.

Neil Mallender to the fore for England, the ultimate "horses for courses" pick!

England side there going from what I can see

Atherton Gooch Stewart Smith Gower Lewis Mallender Pringle

I am sure everyone else can fill in the gaps

Also - Headingley has changed a bit. Looks very similar there to 1981 but totally different now

Hick and Ramprakash

I also note the compulsory Pakistan comedy run out makes an appearance

Shocking umpiring (cheating I would call it) denying Pakistan a run out at the start of our second innings. One of those really easy decisions that in club cricket makes you spend the rest of the game chuntering 'cheat' under your breath.

I'm sure it is Merv Kitchener but no idea on the other umpire. Clearly not Bird or Sheppard so I am a bit stumped.

Windies having a decent morning until the 21st over.........76-0 and then 5 overs later 97-3.

I'm sure it is Merv Kitchener but no idea on the other umpire. Clearly not Bird or Sheppard so I am a bit stumped.
Ken Palmer.

I looked at the scorecard attached to the footage rather than remember myself.

Windies having a decent morning until the 21st over.........76-0 and then 5 overs later 97-3.
A fit and firing Mark Wood is a serious bowler. I so hope he is fit enough that I can see him bowl at the Gabba in about 15 months.

Athanaze's shot was just ridiculous, leave that, one ball before lunch!

Howitzer from Wood to get the second wicket, try keeping that out.

Just brainless from Duckett. There's a nightwatchman at the other end and you play that shot?

Shocking start in the cricket this morning being 55-5 but Root and Stokes have dragged us back into it with a 100 run partnership before lunch.

Seen a little bit, just flicking, of The Hundred on the last couple of days.Without going through the usual moans, now there's very little quality International players wise surely you need to keep the players who play at the TM grounds at the teams that play there? I've seen Sam Hain play for the Notts team, Liam Dawson and Olly Stone play for the Lords team, just a kick In their own bollocks.

Then you have Nasser Hussain relegated to commentate on this shit, rather than the Test, whilst Mel Jones does that. I don't dislike her, but come on...

Pretty decent crowds enjoying the ‘shit’, must be like me, philistines, good finish to tonight’s game.

Back