• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Cricket Thread

We can start a 5 over game as late as around 9.45pm UK time. It'll be alright. He says :D

I’ve stuck a few bob on an incomplete game so we’ll be ok.

Probably twice in less than a year the weather has screwed us over, we’d have won the 4th v Australia but the rain stopped and we’re going out of the the World Cup due to rain only in cricket.

If we do get knocked out due to two rained off games then it's very bad luck BUT...I think I'd bin Mott. Selection just isn't good enough, why on earth is Scurran there as bench fodder when he's been awful for 18 months, complete waste of a squad place, picking Jordan when he was done years ago (and his first choice was Hunchback Overton I FFS), Bairstow immune from being dropped, comes across very poorly when questioned in the media, etc etc.

Buttler's race as captain is probably run too, especially as he's 34 soon, but I don't know who would take over.

Probably twice in less than a year the weather has screwed us over, we’d have won the 4th v Australia but the rain stopped and we’re going out of the the World Cup due to rain only in cricket.
Look more at the captain's ego for the first Test loss than the weather for the 4th draw. Still annoys me now, more hubris than Jeff

Last edited:
Look more at the captain's ego for the first Test loss than the weather for the 4th draw. Still annoys me know, more hubris than Jeff
Lord's for me was worse. Lyon obviously out of the game so they're a bowler down and we're 188/1, 222/3 and 279/4. Go on a hooking frenzy for no reason when that's clearly their only strategy and end up all out for 325.

No inspection until 8pm, so overs lost
Weather online looks to be easing. No idea what it’s like there and how long it will take to dry. Assume with the heat quite fast. Not like in this country

Weather online looks to be easing. No idea what it’s like there and how long it will take to dry. Assume with the heat quite fast. Not like in this country
It's drainage more than heat that's the deciding factor. Lord's genuinely dries out in about 20 minutes these days, it's ridiculously efficient (by contrast Edgbaston is really poor for it).

It's drainage more than heat that's the deciding factor. Lord's genuinely dries out in about 20 minutes these days, it's ridiculously efficient (by contrast Edgbaston is really poor for it).
Guess they can rope the outfield / supersoaker it to get rid of standing water which may at least allow it to become playable with the residual water drying in the sun.

If we do get knocked out due to two rained off games then it's very bad luck BUT...I think I'd bin Mott. Selection just isn't good enough, why on earth is Scurran there as bench fodder when he's been awful for 18 months, complete waste of a squad place, picking Jordan when he was done years ago (and his first choice was Hunchback Overton I FFS), Bairstow immune from being dropped, comes across very poorly when questioned in the media, etc etc.

Buttler's race as captain is probably run too, especially as he's 34 soon, but I don't know who would take over.
Don't watch it, but did Curran do anything in the IPL this year? He'd made himself a very good death bowler in that format for a couple of years.

Back