• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Chasing Pack - GAME OVER AMIGOS

Regardless what happens tomorrow pressure is just as much on Villa as it is on us, Cardiff have won 5 on the spin, Villa have won 9 out the last 12 and Fulham 11 out of 14.
If they all keep that up then yes we’re are gonna need to be at our best. I doubt all 3 of them will.

Head to Head we would have to fuck up monumentally to not beat Villa. They don't have the attributes to beat us in the way Fulham do.

If we obtain 10 points between now and a week Saturday it’ll be as good as over.

Yep, very impressive form for Cardiff, Villa and Fulham. All we need to do is find a similar run of form, which we're more than capable of doing.

Head to Head we would have to $#@! up monumentally to not beat Villa. They don't have the attributes to beat us in the way Fulham do.

Disagree with this, thought we were crap against Fulham personally and gifted them the game by giving the ball away.
Villa are well organised and experienced, Grealish is a quality player and is improving as he's getting a bit of sense and knuckling down.
They'll be thereabouts come the end of the season.
We'll need to play well and not waste posession to beat them.

PPG over the last 10 games for Fulham, Cardiff and Villa is insane. 2.6, 2.3 and 2.2 respectively.

Disagree with this, thought we were crap against Fulham personally and gifted them the game by giving the ball away.
Villa are well organised and experienced, Grealish is a quality player and is improving as he's getting a bit of sense and knuckling down.
They'll be thereabouts come the end of the season.
We'll need to play well and not waste posession to beat them.
We were shit against Fulham but they also played exceptionally and have athletic, solid footballers across the board. Villa lack the tactical nous, the athleticism, and the pure footballing ability to trouble us if we get off the bus. They're built for the Championship. We are not the Championship.

We were $#@! against Fulham but they also played exceptionally and have athletic, solid footballers across the board. Villa lack the tactical nous, the athleticism, and the pure footballing ability to trouble us if we get off the bus. They're built for the Championship. We are not the Championship.

If we play as we can, we should beat anyone in this league.
Play like we did against Fulham and we'll lose to Leeds and Villa.

Teams won't carry on winning every game it just doesn't happen. We have to focus on us now. If we play to our strengths we will beat Leeds and a 6 point gap is restored. Loads of football still to be played but we are still the best side in this division and need to show that again.

Randomly I went to Burton v Brentford tonight I can't describe how poor the standard of football was, we are in this league at the moment but are so much better than this when we are on our game.

Have faith the chasing pack will still be chasing in 10 games

I'm still not overly worried, we've the fixtures to win the league and the others can't keep it up. Cardiff are winning by the odd goal every week and that's not sustainable over the last 10/11 games, Fulham are winning pretty much every game right now but they aren't going to keep that up and when Villa play the top teams which they still have to do they come unstuck. Because the gap is so small obviously the pressure now is greater and it gives Nuno and the lads a chance to come out and just show everyone how good we are.

Does anyone think the postponement of Reading will actually benefit us?

No because Neves would have played against Leeds

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Equally that postponement has given the team more time to prepare for his absence.

This is Cardiffs purple patch. They have won 5 on the bounce so logic and probability dictates that they will drop points soon as they are not Man City. Leeds is our game in hand on Cardiff.Villa are a further 4 points behind and have played 1 game more than us and they have had their 7 wins on the bouce run. I doubt that will happen again in the last 10 games. Fulham have been on a great run but again are 8 points behind having played 2 games more. With regard to overtaking us thats it. Win tonight and dont lose to Villa and the gap is already big enough in my view. Win the League would be great , but promotion is the goal

The Chasing Pack

Villa have only played one more.

Despite what some on here are saying the pressure is firmly on Wolves. We need a win tonight, I wouldn’t fancy going into Saturdays game without a win in 4.

Yes we are in the best position of all the teams and if we play at our best we will beat anyone in the division. The issue is confidence and momentum play a big part in football and once you are in a position where you start losing games and your lead is getting cut, both players and the home crowd can get nervy and it can be hard thing to stop. This is where we get to see what this squad is made of when the pressure is on. Judging by reactions to defeats through the rest of the season I trust the manager to sort it out.

Despite what some on here are saying the pressure is firmly on Wolves. We need a win tonight, I wouldn’t fancy going into Saturdays game without a win in 4.

Yes we are in the best position of all the teams and if we play at our best we will beat anyone in the division. The issue is confidence and momentum play a big part in football and once you are in a position where you start losing games and your lead is getting cut, both players and the home crowd can get nervy and it can be hard thing to stop. This is where we get to see what this squad is made of when the pressure is on. Judging by reactions to defeats through the rest of the season I trust the manager to sort it out.

For those with a nervous disposition or readers of tea leaves look away. We havent beaten leeds at Elland Road back to back for 58 years! That said thay have one win in 5 under Heckingbottom and looked rank against Middlesbrough last week. I think we should have enough tonight to grind out an unconvincing but hard found one goal victory either 1-0 or 2-1. Then off to Villa .

We also have responded to every loss this season with a positive result in the next game

This is where I'm at. I find the argument that teams are on a good run so it can't last a strange one. If you take Fulham for example they have played what were the Top 5 in their last 5 games and won 4 and drawn one, why does that mean they aren't going to beat those further down the league? We have 4 away games we could easily lose which excludes this evening. We have 6 of the bottom 7 still to play, 5 of those at home, of course we should do it, but we don't know how the players will react under this type of pressure and there was already nervousness in the North Bank when we had a double figures lead at the top. We could smash Leeds tonight and then beat Villa and all is relaxed again, but a draw and a defeat aren't inconceivable that will really put the pressure on and the easier games all of a sudden become more pressurised.

I still believe we will do it, but aren't as confident as most seem to be any longer.

Back