• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Car Thread

Thought it started at 54, and no doubt a whole load more for a decent spec and range. That Beamer is 1500 mile and 45k. The MG is certainly quick, but it needs way more than that to tip the scales. I hope it will come I really do, I’m ready to go EV but give me the product and we’re in business. I can only talk for myself but suspect there are plenty of others feeling the same.

I mean the latter middle aged man looking for a penis extension is not the largest of markets ;)

Thing is it’s miles away from pulling the punters who like their motors over from ICE’s.

I mean, you could blow a wad on a not bad effort from a Chinese brand or save yourself 10 grand (say it quickly and you don’t notice it, but honestly, 10 GRAND) and buy yourself this baby (for eg) from one of the German powerhouses. Just no contest. EV’s have got to do much, much better to pull the buyers across. The resistance isn’t necessarily the conversion to EV itself, is just the offering isn’t there at the moment.

Anyway, I know where my money would be going for a while yet.

View attachment 11876

Terrible colour combo - hideous.

I mean the latter middle aged man looking for a penis extension is not the largest of markets ;)
Haha, to be fair I’ve always been susceptible to the mid-life crisis penis extension thing. Worrying thing is it’s getting worse not better but I’m squaring that by looking at the miserable grey, passionless one-foot-in-the-grave types I seem to be surrounded by these days.

I got rid of this about 5 years ago and still miss it. There’s still a quirky itch that needs scratching so watch this space:

IMG_2237.jpeg

Not got the electric bug yet, just drive something that suits a 71yr old.😉
20240312_152912.jpg

Just changed my car. No bloody C.D. player!!! Who`s idea was that? I might be in the wrong thread.

Just changed my car. No bloody C.D. player!!! Who`s idea was that? I might be in the wrong thread.
Get with the times grandad. Radio or streaming.

(Also, bet it hasn't got leather seats either)

And what do I do with the shelves full of C.D.`s ?

( No it hasn`t, too cold for these old bones).

You have shelves of CD's in your car?...

I`m moving this to the things that annoy you thread!

there have been numerous news stories recently about exactly this.
You and I are old mate. People on matchdays are still confused by my dedicated digital music player!
I still use cd's in the car, all the time. Obvs not going to change my car for a long time now!

Get with the times grandad. Radio or streaming.

(Also, bet it hasn't got leather seats either)
do cars now allow you to attach a usb stick or similar which may contain music files, or is that also a no?

Just plug your phone in and i-tunes or spotify does the rest. At least on new beasties.

Back