• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The All New Adverts that Grind my Gears

Vodafone.

Agree on the Audi ads, if anyone cuts me up, doesn't indicate on an island, or lane jump's it tends to be an Audi. Don't they realise Audi's are ten a penny these days so they're nothing special just for owning one?

Indicators must be optional extras on cars these days. It's amazing how many folk don't appear to have any.

I've always been of the opinion that it is the bmw that is the cunts car. bmw drivers tend to be rude, arrogant, have no manners, never use please or thank you, tend to have the car via work, expect receipts constantly, are brusque, and generally are not nice people.

When I meet a good pleasant reasonable person who drives a bmw, I am generally confused.

I suspect a bit of confirmation bias going on here. Bit like my old admin lady who swore everyone who made her life a misery on the road was Asian. Funnily enough they were also ruining the local schools.

You're just all car racists.

I don't actually think there are many of the higher end cars being driven as company cars anymore - it just costs too much in tax. Plenty of modeo/insignia etc company cars still around though.

The whole stereotype of drivers of certain cars are X is just a load of lazy shite imo (much like most stereotypes). Only time I've ever felt genuinely threatened by road rage was by a woman in a Ford Ka...

I don't actually think there are many of the higher end cars being driven as company cars anymore - it just costs too much in tax. Plenty of modeo/insignia etc company cars still around though.

The whole stereotype of drivers of certain cars are X is just a load of lazy $#@!e imo (much like most stereotypes). Only time I've ever felt genuinely threatened by road rage was by a woman in a Ford Ka...
Depends what you class as "too much". A company car isn't the perk it was financially when I first got one 20+ years ago, but it's still significantly cheaper than if I had to buy my own car and pay insurance, tax, servicing,wear and tear, fuel, depreciation etc. In my line of work the vast majority of company cars are still Audi's or BMW's.

The whole stereotype of drivers of certain cars are X is just a load of lazy shite imo (much like most stereotypes). .

I don't think so. The percentage of lorries involved in fatal accidents on the motorways is 52% despite lorries only being 10% of the total amount of vehicles. I think lorry drivers are particularly poor drivers on the motorway and the stats prove it.

Depends what you class as "too much". A company car isn't the perk it was financially when I first got one 20+ years ago, but it's still significantly cheaper than if I had to buy my own car and pay insurance, tax, servicing,wear and tear, fuel, depreciation etc. In my line of work the vast majority of company cars are still Audi's or BMW's.

Odd, I opted out a good few years ago - currently own and run my own car for a very tidy monthly profit, especially when compared to massive amount of tax I used to pay to HMRC for having a company car.

I don't think so. The percentage of lorries involved in fatal accidents on the motorways is 52% despite lorries only being 10% of the total amount of vehicles. I think lorry drivers are particularly poor drivers on the motorway and the stats prove it.

DO the stats prove they are bad drivers, or just that proportionally more lorries are involved in accidents?

By far and away the most dangerous drivers I've seen on motorways are the occasional users who either drive like nutters who are terrified of everything.

DO the stats prove they are bad drivers, or just that proportionally more lorries are involved in accidents?

By far and away the most dangerous drivers I've seen on motorways are the occasional users who either drive like nutters who are terrified of everything.

The stats don't prove that a high percentage of the middle lane hogs or occasional users are involved in fatal accidents. I thought it may be the case but it isn't. In my experience lorry drivers are certainly dangerous to other users, mainly because of the distance they are from the vehicle in front and the complete lack of knowledge or willful ignorance of stopping distances and the intimidation of other road users.

The stats don't prove that a high percentage of the middle lane hogs or occasional users are involved in fatal accidents. I thought it may be the case but it isn't. In my experience lorry drivers are certainly dangerous to other users, mainly because of the distance they are from the vehicle in front and the complete lack of knowledge or willful ignorance of stopping distances and the intimidation of other road users.

Driving closely behind is very true, but goes for everyone I think, its just the results are that much more catastrophic if its a lorry. I've seen a good few accidents caused by inexperienced drivers who happily sail away when the cars behind are mashed up.

Odd, I opted out a good few years ago - currently own and run my own car for a very tidy monthly profit, especially when compared to massive amount of tax I used to pay to HMRC for having a company car.

It's going to vary company to company isn't it.

Here we've got our own garage and they buy all the cars outright, the company car lists are pretty restrictive so the company can make sure it's not costing them too much but then the cash alternative to get your own car is generally wank because they've invested in the infrastructure to manage company cars so want everyone to go that way and maximise it's use. I'd never be able to own and operate my car privately for less money than I currently pay in tax, similarly the guy who sits opposite knows he's losing money by having the allowance and getting his own car but the restrictive list meant there wasn't really anything suitable for his needs and so he's forced to take the financial hit.

And the number of them on their mobile phones.....

It's going to vary company to company isn't it.

Here we've got our own garage and they buy all the cars outright, the company car lists are pretty restrictive so the company can make sure it's not costing them too much but then the cash alternative to get your own car is generally wank because they've invested in the infrastructure to manage company cars so want everyone to go that way and maximise it's use. I'd never be able to own and operate my car privately for less money than I currently pay in tax, similarly the guy who sits opposite knows he's losing money by having the allowance and getting his own car but the restrictive list meant there wasn't really anything suitable for his needs and so he's forced to take the financial hit.

This is true and I think we've had this discussion before :)

Personally I know a lot less people with company cars now, when you are paying £200 to £300 a month in tax it makes it very difficult to justify - but you're right it depends on what your company offers, I'm lucky to get a decent allowance and mileage too, so it makes loads of sense for me, plus I will actually have an asset to show for all the money spent.

The Vauxhall advert with the women sitting in the car at the dealership listening to music.

I've no problem with the advert itself, but what the effing jefferson are they listening to on the stereo?!! Sounds like a load of pots and pans being smashed together.

If you were down wit da yoof grandad,you'd know it's riton featuring Kah lo and the song is rinse and repeat,so now you can etch it onto a wax cylinder to play at home any time you feel*

* if you'd asked a young person,they'd have known who it was,and would have downloaded it onto your iPod if you'd asked nicely

I did google it,and agree it sounds like an argument in a kitchen

Cheers. Think I'll leave that one tbh.

If you were down wit da yoof grandad,you'd know it's riton featuring Kah lo and the song is rinse and repeat,so now you can etch it onto a wax cylinder to play at home any time you feel*

* if you'd asked a young person,they'd have known who it was,and would have downloaded it onto your iPod if you'd asked nicely

I did google it,and agree it sounds like an argument in a kitchen

iPod! It's 2018 grandad.:D

The Sheba advert,where the bloke turns up to propose to his girlfriend,I just want to slap his soppy face when he's looking at the cat

The tunnocks caramel advert with the rally car,thought it was advertising rallying tbh,it's been on a couple of times before I realised tunnocks were actually on the rally car,it's going too quick to read it

All go compare ads are awful but there is something deeply unsettling about all the inane grinning going on in the current one.

All go compare ads are awful but there is something deeply unsettling about all the inane grinning going on in the current one.

The 2 for 1 meal one? That one pisses me off because a group of about 8 people have agreed to go out for a meal and then 7 of them refuse to pay. Fuck off and do the dishes

Back