• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Advice Thread

For those who know anything about legal working hours.

I've been told im working till 9pm tonight (as an earliest finish) and then told I am working at 8am the following morning. I've had this shift on 4 occasions and every time they've told me I need to work past the 9pm finish then be back on at 8am. I'm just wondering if this is legal because of the min rest time.

https://www.gov.uk/rest-breaks-work/overview

You need a minimum of 11 hours break between shifts so it seems they can ask you to do that. Well, they can ask you to finish at 9pm.

Cheers SLA, it's the working past 9 but starting at 8 thing that's annoying me. I will tell them to do one next time :)

Minimum is 11 hours, but it depends on your contract I guess. If you are classed as a shift worker then it doesn't apply.

14482717817_81baf8b436_m.jpg

Just a test, but this is better!
Flickr it is.

Where's all your long lense up skirt shots Roy?

Is there any way to set up favourites on Twitter on iPhone? Annoys me that every time I want to look at Wolves' page I have to type in "Official Wol" in the search bar before it appears. #firstworldproblems

Where's all your long lense up skirt shots Roy?

Very difficult to get MY long lens up someone's skirt Trev (dirty, dirty boy)
But I actually have a whole load of them in file coincidentally named Trevor's!
I'll forward them on mate...

How can a "temporary" pay adjustment be classed as temporary when the adjustment is in black and white with no mention of it being temporary?

A few of us at work were awarded £1000 a year extra for taking on more responsibility, and this was confirmed in a letter. Now the company are saying it was only a temporary payment, and they are looking to reduce it. Can they do that?

How can a "temporary" pay adjustment be classed as temporary when the adjustment is in black and white with no mention of it being temporary?

A few of us at work were awarded £1000 a year extra for taking on more responsibility, and this was confirmed in a letter. Now the company are saying it was only a temporary payment, and they are looking to reduce it. Can they do that?

I obviously don't know the British laws on this,but it looks to me like they can (after a/every year) if they also let you off the extra responsibility...

Is there any way to set up favourites on Twitter on iPhone? Annoys me that every time I want to look at Wolves' page I have to type in "Official Wol" in the search bar before it appears. #firstworldproblems

Try a third party Twitter app, like TweetDeck. Gives you far more options than the standard Twitter app such as favourites and grouping of Twitter accounts you follow.

Try a third party Twitter app, like TweetDeck. Gives you far more options than the standard Twitter app such as favourites and grouping of Twitter accounts you follow.

Nice one mate. :tiphat:

14482717817_81baf8b436_m.jpg

Just a test, but this is better!
Flickr it is.

You can also resize them in Photoshop/Paintshop Pro/GIMP etc before uploading them to Flickr or Photobucket. Something between this size and the gigantic ones you posted earlier is probably optimum

You can choose which size you want to embed from Flickr.

Advice please :

Something Stan wrote has just made me laugh far more than it should :)

Depends on the exact wording of the letter, & your contract.
Possible that they can only reduce it through negotiation, ie reduce it by 50%, then we only fulfil 50% of the extra responsibilities, which were also temporary in line with the additional payment being temporary."

Depends on the exact wording of the letter, & your contract.
Possible that they can only reduce it through negotiation, ie reduce it by 50%, then we only fulfil 50% of the extra responsibilities, which were also temporary in line with the additional payment being temporary."

I will have to find the letter out. But basically what it says is that we will receive an extra £1000 per annum for extra responsibilities, nowhere does it mention it being temporary. Now they are saying that because of the pay increase we have been awarded and the one off bonus they have given us, that the "temporary" pay adjustment will be reduced by 60%. We have just told the company that we will not take on any of the extra responsibilities, and that will leave them in a tricky situation. Hopefully it will all get sorted, but I was just wondering what the legalities of the situation were?

I will have to find the letter out. But basically what it says is that we will receive an extra £1000 per annum for extra responsibilities, nowhere does it mention it being temporary. Now they are saying that because of the pay increase we have been awarded and the one off bonus they have given us, that the "temporary" pay adjustment will be reduced by 60%. We have just told the company that we will not take on any of the extra responsibilities, and that will leave them in a tricky situation. Hopefully it will all get sorted, but I was just wondering what the legalities of the situation were?

If there is no 'temporary' and no 'permanent(ly)' mentioned,it's clearly a yearly thing...no?

You can choose which size you want to embed from Flickr.

Had a look at that Will, but it had two options... Small was in blue and Default was greyed out. So 1 choice!
However I did realise that if I enlarged the photo in Flickr, then copied that URL, then it published it at a decent size.

Back