• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Advice Thread

Sounds like it's not properly vented and so the vacuum it is causing is pushing it up the bath waste which is probably been bossed to the pooh pipe. All wastes can be connected but obviously need proper vents and non return waste valves . Was there a sewagey smell in bathroom?

To any musos out there...

My daughter has been advised to get a small (cheap) guitar amp for her singing - she wants to run a microphone through it and be a star. I wouldn't know a small guitar amp from a Marshall stack so anybody got any ideas on what would be suitable? Cheers

To any musos out there...

My daughter has been advised to get a small (cheap) guitar amp for her singing - she wants to run a microphone through it and be a star. I wouldn't know a small guitar amp from a Marshall stack so anybody got any ideas on what would be suitable? Cheers

When my son started playing he had a Roland Micro Cube, which was quite good. About £100 on the net

Just noticed you are in Guildford. Go to Andertons - they'll sort you out

Basically a small practice amp. They should be less than £100 I'd have thought.

Andertons are good btw. I've had things from them before. They're online too.

A small acoustic amp would be your best bet. They are voiced naturally so more suited to vocals. They usually have an xlr input specially for a Mic with separate volume and eq. Marshall do one, as do Behringer if you want a cheaper option.

Or even a portable karaoke machine or busking amp?

Thanks, all. A quality advice service!

I have ordered the Behringer acoustic as that seems to fit the bill. I'll make sure you all get free tickets to her first Wembley Stadium show.

Putting photos up on here....
I used Dan's suggestion of IMGUR which isn't bad but the pics are far too big as you may have noticed.
When I'm loading them it gives me a size to select. I tried 'Small Square' but small it is and it doesn't allow you click on it to expand it.
So then I tried 'Original Size' and we got what we got. Too big.

Does anyone use a picture host that puts up a photo in just a decent size or does it depend on the camera in the 1st place.
For these, I'm using a large Digital SLR on high quality....
I'd have thought the host can reduce the original pic though...

We do have a Snapfish and Photobucket account.... well, Jane does...

What does anyone else use?

Photobucket is what I use or you can just load them on to your Facebook page and C&P the url for each image from there.

I always just go through facebook. Seems simplest.

Word of warning - you'd have to make the photo's public if you wanted to share them on here. Some people don't like doing that but not a huge problem if you manage it one photo/album at a time.

Exactly - you just have to be a bit careful how you use it, but it seems a decent way to go.

So it doesn't matter that I take them at 'High Res'?

Your pic, uploading to Farcebook and then onto here...

10561601_10152559627519443_7566109055876004898_n.jpg

So it doesn't matter that I take them at 'High Res'?

Flickr will host them in an uncompressed format and retain the original quality. Facebook squashes the hell out of them.

For those who know anything about legal working hours.

I've been told im working till 9pm tonight (as an earliest finish) and then told I am working at 8am the following morning. I've had this shift on 4 occasions and every time they've told me I need to work past the 9pm finish then be back on at 8am. I'm just wondering if this is legal because of the min rest time.

Used to get that all the time in hotel work. Would have one shift from 1500 to 2300 and then I'd be back on the next day from 0730 to 1500...

Back