• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Advice Thread

Only problem I've had with Nationwide is you still need to use the old school chip and pin card reader to pay people from the app.

Been with Lloyds all my (adult) life. Worth taking the Club option on your current a/c for the better interest rates if you open saver account(s) as well. Halifax do the same with the Reward account. (Halifax and Lloyds are the same bank, essentially.) Probably wise to do some research into what the various banks offer to see what best suits your circumstances.

Thanks guys. Is the app/online banking reliable? 😅

Mrs PK is trying to get me to switch to Halifax as that's who she banks with. Any experience with them??
I’ve got accounts with Halifax and HSBC and both apps work great.

Only problem I've had with Nationwide is you still need to use the old school chip and pin card reader to pay people from the app.

You don't, you can set face recognition up to do it, I did it a few months ago

I'm with Lloyd's Rewards and the app's great. Really easy to set up new payments and direct debits.

I use Starling for work and Chase for personal. Chase offers some great perks.

*im clearly not a hipster so knackers to DW. Heard some great things about Monzo too.

Switched to Chase a couple of years back and have no complaints.

You don't, you can set face recognition up to do it, I did it a few months ago
Not got that option. Don't have facial recognition, but I can't set it up for fingerprint either.

Edit: was too intrigued so will have more of a dig around in the app. Certainly haven't been prompted to set it up, mind.

I use Starling for work and Chase for personal. Chase offers some great perks.

*im clearly not a hipster so knackers to DW. Heard some great things about Monzo too.

You want to use them, on you go :D

I would not though. In the same way as if I want to bet on Brentford to score at least 1 on Saturday I will use Coral and not Debet.

Steer well clear of Revolut for now
I only use revolut abroad and have done for 8 or 9 years. Just top money up into it with Apple Pay and away I go. Got a little bit of residual cash in there, should I be taking it out? What’s the issue with them?

I’m with Lloyds, Club account and savings accounts, the app has been recently updated and is very good.

I have a virtual card with them for betting purposes. Only had it a week or so. What's the issue with them?

It took them years to get a UK banking licence for a reason (they've only just got it).

The thing with Starling, Monzo, Revolut - yeah, technically the FSCS covers you. But that has NEVER been properly stress tested.

Stick your money with people who demonstrably have money.

Back