• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Advice Thread

Is it just your element? Piece of piss to replace and fairly cheap

Blew the fuse on the house, it’s a fan oven too - can’t even see the element..

Tbf it’s been in since we bought the house, 14 years ago, so it probably needs doing regardless

Is it just your element? Piece of piss to replace and fairly cheap

Worth checking the thermostat too in that situation as often it's a broken thermostat that leads to the element going and you just trash the new element on the first use in that case.

Thermostat seems to be good, it’s picking up that’s it’s not heating and seems correct.

Blew the fuse on the house, it’s a fan oven too - can’t even see the element..

Tbf it’s been in since we bought the house, 14 years ago, so it probably needs doing regardless
YouTube for this kind of stuff, I've done mine twice. The hardest bit is choosing the right element

Heads up for anyone travelling between Dobbies island Shrewsbury and junction 3 M54, also the roads around Weston Park today.
Shrewsbury by-pass and M54 eastbound will be closed from about 10am to midday for the 'Bike4life charity run. A41/A5 near Weston will be very busy for a few hours around that time.

I've been meaning to write something like this for a while. In more recent times i've found out a bit more about how pensions work and the tax advantages of paying more into your pension.

Really useful for 40% / 45% tax payers. If you pay into your SIPP you get a 20% top-up from the govt (to cover the income tax you paid), and you can reclaim the additional 20% through self assessment.

Alternatively, you can use this method or increase your salary sacrifice to reduce your taxable income, this means you can still qualify for child benefit payments or reduce the High income tax charge.

Goes without saying that you should contribute at a high enough contribution rate to get the max contribution your employer offers.

I'm sure lots already know this stuff, but if you don't you can really reduce the amount of tax you pay.

Fixed it in the end!

Lots of YouTube’ing. It’s not gone long left though.
The bulb has gone in mine and I really can’t be arsed to replace it. It does bug me every time I use it but I’m just so slack when it comes to seeing my food lit up.

Back