• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Advice Thread

Do not do a block listing ffs. Check out the prices and individually list the rare ones. Blink list the common iones.

I sold my entire D&D collection on eBay and made thousands once the collectors started circling. Takes time but a block listing would have got a lot less

View attachment 10964
Mrs Trips has been landed with this set of Marvel figures, anybody any ideas on where she can shift them onto?
Search on eBay for Eaglemoss Marvel figurines, you’ll get a feel for the price of each one individually then. Some will be more than others. It’s a shame you don’t have the magazines and binders with them as they’d fetch a lot more. I’d have them myself if I had anywhere to put them and the money spare to buy them. Shoot me a WhatsApp if you need any help.

Click on the link I posted above, they have a search bar that tells you the price they sell each figure for. Should give you an idea of any valuable/rare pieces.

Search on eBay for Eaglemoss Marvel figurines, you’ll get a feel for the price of each one individually then. Some will be more than others. It’s a shame you don’t have the magazines and binders with them as they’d fetch a lot more. I’d have them myself if I had anywhere to put them and the money spare to buy them. Shoot me a WhatsApp if you need any help.
The magazines are at the MIL's I believe, thanks

The magazines are at the MIL's I believe, thanks
For what it’s worth I swapped my collection of DC ones for a Batman #251 9.4 which at the time was worth about £600.

Don’t know if we have our own version of Martin Lewis on here but if you receive a sum of money from a trust fund set up by a deceased parent is it subject to Capital gains tax?

Don’t know if we have our own version of Martin Lewis on here but if you receive a sum of money from a trust fund set up by a deceased parent is it subject to Capital gains tax?
I would have thought it would be IHT rather than CGT

But it I might also depend on who the beneficiaries are.

Inheritance tax was fine, i was within the threshold, the insurance Company told me it wasn’t subject to IHT, I’m not sure about CGT though, don’t want one of those brown HMRC envelopes turning up in he porch, I’ve had my fill of those over the last 12mths.

Inheritance tax was fine, i was within the threshold, the insurance Company told me it wasn’t subject to IHT, I’m not sure about CGT though, don’t want one of those brown HMRC envelopes turning up in he porch, I’ve had my fill of those over the last 12mths.

You could try the HMRC forums or giving them a call, I hear they can be helpful.

This website seems to suggest you'll only have to pay CGT if the value rises between when the person died and when you actually get the trust.

You folk are always brilliant at this type of thing, any advice for appointing a solicitor to complete a house purchase? I'd rather rely on feedback than who's paid the most to be top of the google search. Estate agent has suggested one but alternatives welcomed as well as generally advice. As a first time buyer, it is frankly a little bit scary and I'm just expecting something to go wrong! Thanks in advance - we are talking greater (SW) London if that helps :)

When I got my mortgage the bank appointed one, they said if I used a solicitor they use I’d save some money somewhere somehow so I went with that. Couldn’t find one local so they said they’d sort it, ended up with Gamlins solicitors in Rhyl and they were fucking awful. Can’t help you mate sorry!

Reactions: jlo
Conveyancing solicitors are pretty much uniformly wank. It's just a matter of the scale of how fucking lazy and unreliable they turn out to be. Be prepared for emails to go unanswered, them never to be in the office when you call and a regular failure to do the most very basic of tasks.

Because they know you can't deal without them because of our stupid system, and it's too much of a pain in the arse (and expensive) for you to change once you've started.

It's an absolute racket. So good luck my friend but if there are good ones, I don't know about them and nor does anyone I know.

• Love
I went with the banks recommendation too - Murray Hills based in Beverley - they were fine, can't remember waiting for anything for an unreasonable amount of time, communicated everything that was going on and were cheaper than any alternatives we tried to find ourselves.

Online the cheapest immediate quote is through Home Legal Direct - a network who will find someone but also won't charge legal fees if it falls through. The old saying, sounds too good to be true? Any reason why someone wouldn't take that route, presumably customer service is worse but trustpilot rates highly?

We used thursfields. Recommended by friends who have a construction/builders business, so they had bought & sold a number of properties over the years.
No problems, found them pretty responsive & we didn't have any delays. Offer accepted end of February, & we moved in end of May.

• Love
Bloody cooker has blown up, any suggestion on good replacements and where to get them from?

Back