• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The 2024 Paris Olympics Thread

French crowd booing him at the end not sure he did anything wrong kept his line

What a race, came back from what 40 secs? after the puncture. Terrific performance.
Any chance of a dispute after the coming together?

Wow just wow - absolutely fabulous. Still buzzing :ROFLMAO:

Absolutely unbelievable drama for that ride. I've never been so invested in mountain biking in my life!

Guaranateed medal in the 3 day eventing, maybe 2.

Bronze for sure...

Just the bronze...

Edged out by an Australian and a German who took gold.

your updates made this thread exciting, hence my eagerness!

He closed down the leader almost immediately after the 5 second gap and went out in front. The Frenchman stuck on his tail and so did a South African. On the final lap the lead changed places about 4 times and Pidcock finally got back in front as the course split by a tree on the same thin pathway. Pidcock edged out of it just in front and they both almost crashed as the Frenchman tried to edge out of it in front. The Frenchman had to break avoid the collision and Pidcock surged ahead to the finish line as there was just about 30 seconds of racing left.

Phenomenal.

cheers @Sniffer - been appreciating your updates whilst at work. looking forward to the highlights prog this evening.

Adam Peaty has tested positive for Covid.

Was an incredible ride from Pidcock after losing the time he did. a combination of willpower and physical excellence. hard to believe there will be a more deserving gold.

When the Frenchman overtook him and pulled a lead on the last lap after Pidcocks fabulous recovery, I thought it was curtains but the physical and mental stamina to fight back was incredible.

We got our first medal last night in the 100m breaststroke for women with Mona McSharry taking a bronze .

Daniel Wiffen has a great chance of a medal as well this evening in the 800m .

Our biggest haul of medals at an Olympics has been 6 - we're hoping for 8/9 this time around . Rowers , Swimmers , Boxing , Pommel horse man - Rhys , maybe 1 in Track and Field as well . There are other outside chances as well .

It's faintly amusing watching the Australian commentators getting all huffy at Katie Ledecky being called the GOAT in women's swimming. What about Ariarne Titmuss, they hurrumph. Ian Thorpe is yet to offer his opinion on this matter.

Iggy Higgins going well in the sawn off shotgun competition.

Back