• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The 2015/2016 Summer Improvement Thread

But not his 10 (11?) assists.

Most of those assists were utter bollocks though. Mis-hit shots and the like.

He was not good last season.

You can give me a number of "bollocks" assists if you like but they all count. Otherwise he's doing something right or else every shit winger with pace would rack up double digit assists each season.

Not to be harsh Alan, but I watched him 25-30 times and you didn't.

I remember when we signed Sigurdarson and one of his ex team mates was raving about him being the next Zlatan.

I take all opinions with a pinch of salt.

Not to be harsh Alan, but I watched him 25-30 times and you didn't.

Aye, but I'm not the only one on the forum who likes him (just the only one who happens to be on right now).

I'd be surprised if there were many who saw him as someone capable of being part of a title challenging team at this level, which should be our goal next season.

He really is not very good, and you shouldn't pontificate from afar when you can't possibly know what you're on about.

I've not really said anything other than "Zyro's stats aren't as good as Rajiv's and in a lesser league".

And you can't really talk about Zyro based on anything other than numbers, either, I'd wager. Unless you've seen him 25 to 30 times this season.

Most of those assists were utter bollocks though. Mis-hit shots and the like.

He was not good last season.

That's incredibly harsh, infact it's nonsense. Just a few examples;
- Excellent cross for Edwards against Norwich
- Another good cross for Edwards against Wigan
- Beats 3 to cross for Dicko against Watford
- Crosses for Edwards against Blackpool, takes a slight deflection
- Good cross for Afobe against Reading
- Excellent ball in behind for Dicko to slot home against Huddersfield and a bit of a lucky one where he sort of won a tackle and it broke to Afobe
- Runs from his own half and puts Sako in against Rotherham

Looking at those assists only one of them was lucky and he was involved in the build up with a shot and got to the rebound so not utter bollocks. Now i'm not saying he was fantastic and he was quite poor in terms of his return in the last few games of the season but he had a pretty reasonable season for his first one over here and looked a threat and if his finishing gets better he will get 8/9 goals next year plus his assists, that's a big if but it's possible. He is a frustrating player as he has a lot of ability and sometimes takes far too many touches but he's still quite a young lad and is learning, i'm not sure what people wanted from him in his first season.

I don't think I have talked about Zyro, other than doubting that the quality of local Polish journalism is any better than local British journalism.

Not an assist but his through ball to put in Doherty (who then crossed to Leon Clarke for a GW goal against someone) was also classy.

I don't think I have talked about Zyro, other than doubting that the quality of local Polish journalism is any better than local British journalism.

You've said he'd automatically be better than Rajiv. By goals, sure, but by total output, no, not at all.

Honestly I'm surprised as you normally readily admit when a player has only performed well against relatively poor competition. Nobody could argue that Ekstralasa is a more competitive league than the Championship.

That's incredibly harsh, infact it's nonsense. Just a few examples;
- Excellent cross for Edwards against Norwich
- Another good cross for Edwards against Wigan
- Beats 3 to cross for Dicko against Watford
- Crosses for Edwards against Blackpool, takes a slight deflection
- Good cross for Afobe against Reading
- Excellent ball in behind for Dicko to slot home against Huddersfield and a bit of a lucky one where he sort of won a tackle and it broke to Afobe
- Runs from his own half and puts Sako in against Rotherham

Looking at those assists only one of them was lucky and he was involved in the build up with a shot and got to the rebound so not utter bollocks. Now i'm not saying he was fantastic and he was quite poor in terms of his return in the last few games of the season but he had a pretty reasonable season for his first one over here and looked a threat and if his finishing gets better he will get 8/9 goals next year plus his assists, that's a big if but it's possible. He is a frustrating player as he has a lot of ability and sometimes takes far too many touches but he's still quite a young lad and is learning, i'm not sure what people wanted from him in his first season.

Reasonably talented player has decent isolated moments shocker.

Generally he was poor. He got in a lot of the time because the set up of our team demanded pace so a better footballer in Henry got left out. Almost every time that happened, he got hauled off.

He is not what we need. If we can make a cheap £500k profit then take it because he is what he is.

Reasonably talented player has decent isolated moments shocker.

Generally he was poor. He got in a lot of the time because the set up of our team demanded pace so a better footballer in Henry got left out. Almost every time that happened, he got hauled off.

He is not what we need. If we can make a cheap £500k profit then take it because he is what he is.

Yes but you didn't say that to start with, you said his assists were bollocks and mis-hit shots when they weren't and actually they were usually very good crosses. Like i said i don't think he was fantastic but he was not poor or atrocious, yes he was inconsistent but he strikes me as that type of player but he also looks like a player who will get better to me.

From what I've seen, I can't see him suddenly learn to hit a barn door. He could have scored 5 this season alone just by scoring his chances from within 5 yards.

Yes but you didn't say that to start with, you said his assists were bollocks and mis-hit shots when they weren't and actually they were usually very good crosses. Like i said i don't think he was fantastic but he was not poor or atrocious, yes he was inconsistent but he strikes me as that type of player but he also looks like a player who will get better to me.

Agreed.

From what I've seen, I can't see him suddenly learn to hit a barn door. He could have scored 5 this season alone just by scoring his chances from within 5 yards.

Why not, i never saw Matt Jarvis scoring 8 in the Premier League but he did. It's perfectly reasonable that he gets a few more goals next year and maybe even a couple more assists after all it was his first season in the Championship and improvement is likely imo. Obviously a few of you don't think so but we shall see, if he's poor i will be the first to say but i find some of the criticism for him far too harsh.

Overall he was poor last season with a few very good moments. I just don't see him getting much better. He got a very good run in the team as we had few options at times, certainly had much more of a chance to shine than say Saville (yes I know they're different positionally) who really wasn't any worse in the few games he had. Who knows if Zyro will be better, but got to be worth a go and if Graham comes up to expectations and with Henry too, we will be reasonably well covered in wide positions. Obviously any signing at our level there is a risk factor, For me depends on the fee.

Back