• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The 2015/2016 Summer Improvement Thread

Don't think we need to sign a defender. You don't routinely make subs in this area. If someone gets injured we can bring in emergency cover. No need to pay someone to sit on the bench. Waste of money and they won't be very good

Don't think we need to sign a defender. You don't routinely make subs in this area. If someone gets injured we can bring in emergency cover. No need to pay someone to sit on the bench. Waste of money and they won't be very good

Yeah, I wouldn't bother now. It was when it was mooted that EEL could have been out until February that I thought it was worth considering. Not worth it now he'll be back at the start of December at latest.

Morsy's a Wolves fan I think. Was in our academy as a youngster before joining Port Vale.

If we're dipping into League 1 I'd go for Bradley Dack or Rico Henry.

I still like the look of Tom Bradshaw, although he'd struggle for game time here in the short term.

Morsy's a Wolves fan I think. Was in our academy as a youngster before joining Port Vale.

Didn't Walsall fans reckon we were signing Henry last year?

Morsy was born in Wolvo and was in the academy until 2008.
Wishful thinking on his part, perhaps? Wants to come back so starts a rumour?

Yeah Morsy went to school with me. He's from Wolves. Was decent but not the best player. Kyle Bennet was head and shoulders above everyone including his brother but his brother has done much more. My friends who teach there now say Ennis is the best young player they have seen and head and shoulders above what Kyle Bennett was

Kyle was extremely highly rated at one stage. Chelsea, Milan etc looking at him.

Kyle was extremely highly rated at one stage. Chelsea, Milan etc looking at him.

Was it him where we always had a member of the coaching team with him on a trip abroad. He was left alone for 5 minutes and he had someone from Milan talking to him.

Yeah everyone was adamant he would play for England. Going to youth tournaments and being the best player there by far. Wasn't to be

What happened to him?

He's playing for Pompey now, just didn't live up to potential a bit like Zele.

Whereas his brother Elliott Bennett had been at Norwich in Premier League. Doesn't play these days though, think he went on loan somewhere.

On loan at Bristol City. Don't see where he'll play with their wingback formation.

I'd definitely be looking at Dack, i rate him. I would be looking at Rico too if i'm honest, he's young not had much game time but looks like he could go far. A little light weight at times but definitely something there. Premier League clubs have been looking at him already.

I still like the look of Tom Bradshaw, although he'd struggle for game time here in the short term.

Bradshaw is decent and he can play on his own or in a 2 but his first touch lets him down and he doesn't stay fit long enough for me.

How have we found ourselves in a position where we are still signing CM for the last two seasons but the best 2 are already at the club?

And how have we managed to sign a shed load of 'wingers' yet the best of the bunch is the player who was deemed not good enough?

Superb isn't it! Disastrous couple of summers.

This is why I think Thelwell should be binned. Abject failure at this level.

I struggle to see where Thelwell fits in when it comes to first team recruitment. It is clear that in Development squad signings like Hause, Wilson, Evans etc it is him who is bringing them in, but when it comes to the first team Moxey and Jackett seem very hands on, so I'm not sure there is room for someone in the middle. Perhaps he signed Byrne over Kenny's head, which is why he doesn't play him?

Back