• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The 2015/2016 Summer Improvement Thread

Kenny has the final say, the buck stops here.

That might well be the case, but the identification of targets is clearly the failure here. Somebody should have stopped Jackett signing Coady, and if Byrne wasn't signed by Jackett then the system has failed and either Moxey or Thelwell (or both) have no confidence in Jackett to identify the right players to sign from the lists given to him.

It has come to the point where the system has failed and something has to give.

The problem is the system is meant to be there to provide continuity!!

I like Coady, but we didn't need him in gundisght

Well they haven't implemented it correctly then as Thelwell's and Jackett's vision of new players is clearly disconnected. I would bin Thelwell as I don't think he's achieved anything in the recruitment of players at this level. If all he is is an academy recruitment director, then get somebody in to do the DoF job and demote him.

I think Jackett will take care of himself shortly if he continues trying to turn us into Millwall circa 2010.

We were shit when he was here? Nothing has changed. The responsibility lies with who signs the players and who then utilises those players.

Course it has. The players know we are unlikely to bring anyone in. There's zero competition, apathy and comfort seeps in.

That's plenty of blame to go around.

But we weren't going to bring anyone on anyway? And all the people we have brought in hasn't already stopped that happening. Morgan going isn't going to fix things, but it's not currently the reason we are shit.

We are shit as we have signed shit players or they are decent players but the manager doesn't know how to use them.

It's not like yesterday was a one off, it was the worst though. We've been outplayed at home all season bar Huddersfield and the away games I've seen we haven't been any better either.

Your first line is supposition.
I agree it's not solely down to the ownership position but it's not helping.

Rumour suddenly sprang to life on Twitter that we're going to sign Mike Williamson from Newcastle. Newcastle fans seem worryingly happy but I know nothing about him other than he's a defender

Rumour suddenly sprang to life on Twitter that we're going to sign Mike Williamson from Newcastle. Newcastle fans seem worryingly happy but I know nothing about him other than he's a defender

Tim 2 reckons it's not a done deal but all involved are hopeful it will be sorted tomorrow.

It's not an exciting signing but he fills the position we need - perhaps we've learned something from not trying to replace sako....

The problem is the system is meant to be there to provide continuity!!

I like Coady, but we didn't need him in gundisght

Signing Coady meant he made a horrendous error in signing Saville. He doesn't fancy him one bit now, and I will go on record as to say he'll not play for Wolves again under Jackett.

Millwall fans very impressed with Saville btw. I'm still not giving up on him.

Signing Coady meant he made a horrendous error in signing Saville. He doesn't fancy him one bit now, and I will go on record as to say he'll not play for Wolves again under Jackett.

never count anyone out! O'Hara played for us a couple of times under Jackett in League One

I quite like Williamson. However, I'm always concerned by the attitude of loan signings. See Bassong a few years back when we had him on loan - his attitude was awful. Now he's playing week in, week out in the Premier League.

Williamson is never Premier League quality but he'd be solid at this level. Atrocious on the ball though.

Is Williamson just a short term loan, or could it be permanent if it works out well while he is at Molineux?

I quite like Williamson. However, I'm always concerned by the attitude of loan signings. See Bassong a few years back when we had him on loan - his attitude was awful. Now he's playing week in, week out in the Premier League.

Bassong came just as the whole club had lost the plot and landed in a changing room on the point of civil war, (that's not excusing his general attitude after a couple of games when he could see it was a lost cause), we have had a few decent loan signings from the premiership over the years who made a positive impact.

Our biggest problem is (case for the prosecution Messers O'Hara & Blades) they went to rat shit once we signed them permanently....

Williamson is a limited defender and gets shown up for his deficiencies in the PL, he will be steady for us.

Is Williamson just a short term loan, or could it be permanent if it works out well while he is at Molineux?
Short term or it flies in the face of the reason to sell Stearman.

No problem at all with Williamson coming in on a short term loan to fill in the gap in central defence until EEL and/or Hause are back from injury. But I wouldn't want us to sign him permanently.

Oh and the constant criticism of selling Stearman is really pissing me off now. I understand people who say they rated him more than Hause/EEL - that's their opinion and fair enough, they didn't want him sold in terms of the attributes he gave us - but to bring up the lack of numbers in that position as a stick to beat the manager/CEO with is doing my head in. We've had 2 injuries at centre half - you can't foresee that, nor should you expect to have a 4th choice centre back picking up upwards of 10k for not kicking a ball. It seems some fans expect us to have a squad the size of Chelsea's with 4 players competing for each position and all picking up a hefty wage 'because that's ambishun ay it'.

We've fared pretty well in terms of injury since KJ took charge but we've had a shocker with them so far this season. It's football and it happens and when it does, it's a bitch.

Back