• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2022 Transfer Window

This is amusing for all the wrong reasons.

Not that I wanted Palhinha I just find it quite funny that Mendes is still peddling us round as a viable option when it's clear we're not.

The only way he goes to Fulham is if we don’t want him. They aren’t beating us to his signature for many reasons but mainly his agent, his nationality and his club.

It wouldn’t surprise me in the least if we’re pissing around waiting to sell Ruben before getting anything done ourselves.

I guess we need to get used to watching other clubs swoop in and steal all our targets while Jeff & co do their clown makeup.

The only way he goes to Fulham is if we don’t want him. They aren’t beating us to his signature for many reasons but mainly his agent, his nationality and his club.
You mean other than our chief exec and DoF have said we have no money?

I'd presumed that the sell to buy philosophy wasn't literal. Just buy the fucking player if he's decent value, we might accidentally end up with some strength in depth

I think it's pretty obvious we will have a minimal net spend at best this Summer but this rumour that we have to literally have Neves sold and have that money before we do deals is ridiculous. Usually I would dismiss it off hand as a load of bollocks because it doesn't really make any sense but with the clowns we have got running the show is there a chance this is real?

I think it's pretty obvious we will have a minimal net spend at best this Summer but this rumour that we have to literally have Neves sold and have that money before we do deals is ridiculous. Usually I would dismiss it off hand as a load of bollocks because it doesn't really make any sense but with the clowns we have got running the show is there a chance this is real?
The selling Neves to buy only seems to relate to the Palhinha deal (and the Nunes one that won't happen) but not on other positions.

So it makes zero sense but it wouldn't be beyond the madness of the way we operate at the moment to be doing this just for the midfield positions.

I'd presumed that the sell to buy philosophy wasn't literal. Just buy the fucking player if he's decent value, we might accidentally end up with some strength in depth
Was gonna say. We need a midfielder regardless. If neves goes we need two imo

God forbid we have more than 3 midfielders in the squad eh? Can’t wait for him to go to Fulham and then us to sell Neves in a month

Panic bid for Josh Brownhill on deadline day after we sell Neves for £40M.

Was gonna say. We need a midfielder regardless. If neves goes we need two imo
The plan is clearly Donk and Palhinha with Moutinho as a rotation option/3rd midfielder with Cundle around the squad. I mean it’s very light but they managed this season so they will think they can do the same again with Cundle ‘more ready’. They’ll also think MGW (if he stays, I think he will) can play both as a forward or a midfielder meaning a Neves-Palhinha swap would still be enough numbers.

He's far from the gospel, but Spiers did say sell to buy wasn't literal which sounds like the sort of thing he would have been fed. Doesn't make it true obviously. As for Palhinha Mendes won't care whether he gets him into Silva or Lage. If that's the competition though then do we really want him? I appreciate he's better than nothing, which history says is what the back up plan is.

The plan is clearly Donk and Palhinha with Moutinho as a rotation option/3rd midfielder with Cundle around the squad. I mean it’s very light but they managed this season so they will think they can do the same again with Cundle ‘more ready’. They’ll also think MGW (if he stays, I think he will) can play both as a forward or a midfielder meaning a Neves-Palhinha swap would still be enough numbers.
With Palhinha being an out and out defensive midfielder they can't be relying on those, they absolutely need another option of a different profile in there.

MGW situation should become clear soon as it all depends if he wants to stay and if he does he needs to sign a new deal. Can't really keep letting players enter their last year while we are operating under this model.

With Palhinha being an out and out defensive midfielder they can't be relying on those, they absolutely need another option of a different profile in there.

MGW situation should become clear soon as it all depends if he wants to stay and if he does he needs to sign a new deal. Can't really keep letting players enter their last year while we are operating under this model.
Think he will be fine with a Donck/Palhinha double pivot tbh. Then add Moutinho in the mix when he goes for the 3.

I’d be worried if the plan is Donck and Palhinha as first choice togethrr
I hope I’m wrong.

Back