• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2022 Transfer Window

I saw some nonsense on Twitter about a Bentley near their training ground with a plate saying W14 BLY (or something like that), so it must have been Boly. Although someone then found out that it was in fact a Bentley registered in 2002 and therefore somewhat unlikely to be a multi millionaire footballers car.

You should check out Kante's whip before you dismiss any car of being unworthy of a man of that status!

You should check out Kante's whip before you dismiss any car of being unworthy of a man of that status!
Jürgen Klinsmann drove a knackered old Beetle when he went to Spurs. His previous two clubs were Inter and Monaco so doubt he was hard up!

FN3wHKuamgQvvAwvJiXhVW-1024-80.jpg.webp

Ah good, just a load of old bollocks then.

He does drive a Bentley (or did) as he had pics taken of it being delivered, obviously won't be a 2002 model though
Last time I saw him he’d got a Lamborghini Uros, he was stuck in traffic on the Compton road going to training and all the kids on the school bus were waving at him

Toti is much more prepared but he also needs minutes. Got all the attributes but does get caught out mentally, which is understandable.

I've seen nothing of Mosquera to make me think he's anywhere near ready.
Same, whenever I've seen Mosquera play for the u23s he hasn't stood out.

Maybe we just looked at his Wikipedia page when scouting him

"Mosquera is considered a strong, quick defender,[2] as well as a "complete" centre-back endowed with great aerial ability,[3] which allows him to win the vast majority of his defensive duels. He is highly involved in most of his team's defensive actions, and is comparable to Rúben Dias on the ball and Wesley Fofana out of possession,[9] with long passing ability and physical attributes similar to fellow Colombian centre-back Yerry Mina and pace and acceleration akin to that of Davinson Sánchez.[17]"

He is definitely strong and quick. That doesn't necessarily qualify him for anything.

I'm giving him the benefit of doubt with his 23s appearances on the basis of being rusty. When I went to the Stoke game, Hubner was the best of our defenders but he's way too cumbersome and rustic to ever be a PL player. Yerson didn't play.

Same, whenever I've seen Mosquera play for the u23s he hasn't stood out.

Maybe we just looked at his Wikipedia page when scouting him

"Mosquera is considered a strong, quick defender,[2] as well as a "complete" centre-back endowed with great aerial ability,[3] which allows him to win the vast majority of his defensive duels. He is highly involved in most of his team's defensive actions, and is comparable to Rúben Dias on the ball and Wesley Fofana out of possession,[9] with long passing ability and physical attributes similar to fellow Colombian centre-back Yerry Mina and pace and acceleration akin to that of Davinson Sánchez.[17]"
What a work of fiction that is. Magnificent.

He is definitely strong and quick. That doesn't necessarily qualify him for anything.

I'm giving him the benefit of doubt with his 23s appearances on the basis of being rusty. When I went to the Stoke game, Hubner was the best of our defenders but he's way too cumbersome and rustic to ever be a PL player. Yerson didn't play.
Hubner chopping down that Stokey was great to see

For a bit of context the only sides who have made a none youth signing that wasn't the firming up of a loan so far are
LIverpool, Villa, Leeds, Spurs and City. Palace and Southampton seem on the brink. So we are still in the majority

Conor Carty apparently on his way to Bolton. I'm surprised even Bolton are interested in him

Sounds like the player had no interest in moving here once he heard Real Madrid & co were sniffing around, but the young American keeper is now off to Chelsea.

Sounds like the player had no interest in moving here once he heard Real Madrid & co were sniffing around, but the young American keeper is now off to Chelsea.

Last week the players agent said it was Madrid, these kids can't make their mind up. Looks like we were interested to a point with a £3M+ bid and Chelsea going in with £8m (not a chance we pay silly money for a kid unless Jeff has seen him though)

Chelsea are loaning him back as well, I guess we were going to loan him to Grasshoppers

I assume there is a considerable conveyor belt of keepers behind Mendy before he gets close to first team football anyway.

We don't need a keeper, not arsed in the slightest about this one.

you know what it wouldn’t even surprise me if we spend ages faffing around over Palhinha then do something like this
Doesn't make sense on any level really which in a weird way is why it might happen.

He's a quality player but €45M is too much money, Benfica don't need to sell, he'd be daft to leave and unless we sell one of Raúl/Fábio we don't need him.

Bargain compared to Fabio but still way too much money.

Back