• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2022 Transfer Window

“It’s very important for us that the players are here on the first day, then we will have four or five weeks of work to start the Premier League in the best way,” he said. “We can explain everything so that new players know the ideas." - Bruno Lage

How long do we have until the players report back? 2 weeks?
Yeah I believe so.

We seem to be too reactive for that to ever be the reality though (hopefully we sign a centre back, couple of midfielders and an attacker before then and I can eat my words)

In fairness I only understand about 20% of the garbled nonsense that comes out of his mouth.

Are all the players reporting back in 2 weeks, or are the internationals getting a longer break? Not much rest time if not, which seems a bit shitty

Fully expecting the first couple of signings to be through the door this week. But then, Jeff Shi... so who knows.

Fully expecting the first couple of signings to be through the door this week. But then, Jeff Shi... so who knows.
So it'll be Jeffs fault if something you've imagined doesn't happen ??

Calvin Bassey's at Compton. Posted a video on his Instagram earlier but then deleted it again relatively quickly afterwards.

Do we really need to be spending circa £25m on another LB when both Jonny and Semedo can play there?

I really doubt anything too out there is going on at Compton. England are training there today so there will be press bloody everywhere.

He's in the Nigeria team to start today, who are playing in Morocco. I wonder if, as is sometimes the case, he has allowed his agent or family members access to his own Instagram account and *they* are the ones that have shared it by mistake? Who knows. Either way, he's not at Compton - he's in Morocco. Not to say negotiations of some sort with his representatives might be happening.

Yeah apparently they are in Morocco. I'd be a bit disappointed if we spent 20+ m on him. Was good in the Europa League games I saw bit in more of a last ditch way.

Unless our summer budget is north of £200m, I'd be disappointed if £20m+ went on him. If it's [the kitty] Neves' money plus a bit, it would make the same sense as blowing £70m on Semedo and Silva in the same window.

Unless our summer budget is north of £200m, I'd be disappointed if £20m+ went on him. If it's [the kitty] Neves' money plus a bit, it would make the same sense as blowing £70m on Semedo and Silva in the same window.
Not sure on that. We need a pacey CB and I've watched a lot of Rangers due to the other half's family all being ST holders at Ibrox - and he's most definitely quick. Can play LB or CB.

I understand what YW is getting at in that he looks a bit "last ditch", but he's got a very high ceiling and that is what Fosun are all about. I also know there are a few on here that don't like him - but the father in law rates him higher than Tierney and he went to Arsenal for £25m, so I imagine that's the sort of price we'd have to pay.

Saw him in a couple of Europa games. Big, strong and decent enough pace, but a lot of his defending was very 'last ditch' in a Stearman/Mings way and he looked pretty poor on the ball.

Defo not a LB option at our level. Centre half only.

Back