• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2021 transfer window

Or £29m on a right back (I like him, but hey, come on).

If you were to assess Fosun's tenure as an outsider you'd be more inclined to think they got lucky with a couple of freebies off Uncle Jorge than having any kind of underlying genius policy. They aren't very good owners.
Come on, mate. I am far from Jeff Shi's biggest fan, but this is extremely harsh. I've said it a couple of times recently, but Christ knows what the reaction on the board would be if it was me posting comments like yours above.

Besides Nuno leaving, nothing has happened yet anyway. When I (and others) were being accused of "pant-wetting" in previous transfer windows, we were told to wait and judge at the end of the window. Or have the rules changed now that Nuno has left?

They have, kind of. In as much as I think most people would say there was a <1% of getting relegated while Nuno was here.

It is now a >1% chance.

They have, kind of. In as much as I think most people would say there was a <1% of getting relegated while Nuno was here.

It is now a >1% chance.
Think there was considerably more than 1% chance of relegation if we'd kept Nuno on. Things showed no signs of improvement as the season developed, if anything the reverse. That said I would have kept him (if his heart was still in the job). Think with the new guy we've much more chance of relegation(to be fair and sort of contradict that, I also think we have more chance of a great season as well).

Xhaka to Roma. I guess that opens up Neves / Bissouma to Arsenal

And has Cyber borrowed DWs login information?
It's a really simple equation, when they do good things I praise them, when they do things I perceive to be stupid, I'll criticise them.

I do not think sacking the manager, appointing some random guy who was on no-one's radar two months ago and selling half the squad is a good idea. Others prefer to say "well, you never know". I'm going to say I do know.

Have you got anything to say Mark, or are you just going to carry on trolling the forum?

Because I actually value what you have to say but if you're going to behave like a prat then I'll treat you as such.

It's a really simple equation, when they do good things I praise them, when they do things I perceive to be stupid, I'll criticise them.

I do not think sacking the manager, appointing some random guy who was on no-one's radar two months ago and selling half the squad is a good idea. Others prefer to say "well, you never know". I'm going to say I do know.
We haven’t sold half the squad.

There's nothing more to say at the moment is there? Nothing else has actually happened.

I mean people are free to fly off the handle and go mental at any and every rumour going it they see fit but I'm terms of rational dialogue there isn't really anything new to go on yet. I'll join in as and when there is something to actually comment on.

Until then I'll simply observe and admire.

There's nothing more to say at the moment is there? Nothing else has actually happened.

I mean people are free to fly off the handle and go mental at any and every rumour going it they see fit but I'm terms of rational dialogue there isn't really anything new to go on yet. I'll join in as and when there is something to actually comment on.

Until then I'll simply observe and admire.
So you're going to troll the forum.

Seems a good use of your time, carry on.

You're not just reading are you, you're being nasty to people who care about this club, when you don't care at all.

If that's how you want to spend your spare time then who am I to argue. Seems a bit empty though.

Fosun were great owners, whether they remain so is still to be seen. They took over serial underachievers and enabled a player transfer strategy that largely got around financial restrictions (bar the UEFA stuff), brought players to the club that would normally be out of reach for a championship side and took us to our highest league position in a generation. That was based on their decisions, their strategy and their investment.

Now they are tasked with repeating the same but from a higher base. Nothing that happened on the pitch last season suggests that the combination of owner, manager and players were on the cusp of making that happen. As Fosun clearly aren’t going anywhere, the only other actors are manager and players…the previous success was based on a new manager and new players which is why I expect a significant overhaul of the current squad to go with the new manager. Obviously risky, but so is standing still.

You're not just reading are you, you're being nasty to people who care about this club, when you don't care at all.

If that's how you want to spend your spare time then who am I to argue. Seems a bit empty though.

Nasty? Simply using mechanisms freely available to all on the site to show my feelings towards some content.

Far nastier actions have been conducted on this site in my opinion, to the extent that some people no longer feel comfortable posting on here.

People can spend their time however they want. If posting on a Wolves forum (in fact, two Wolves forums) all day, every day when you don't support Wolves and trolling the members is for you, good luck to you.

When you start being normal again, we can talk football, I quite enjoyed that now and then.

Fosun were great owners, whether they remain so is still to be seen. They took over serial underachievers and enabled a player transfer strategy that largely got around financial restrictions (bar the UEFA stuff), brought players to the club that would normally be out of reach for a championship side and took us to our highest league position in a generation. That was based on their decisions, their strategy and their investment.

Now they are tasked with repeating the same but from a higher base. Nothing that happened on the pitch last season suggests that the combination of owner, manager and players were on the cusp of making that happen. As Fosun clearly aren’t going anywhere, the only other actors are manager and players…the previous success was based on a new manager and new players which is why I expect a significant overhaul of the current squad to go with the new manager. Obviously risky, but so is standing still.
Great post. Deserves acknowledgment.

People can spend their time however they want. If posting on a Wolves forum (in fact, two Wolves forums) all day, every day when you don't support Wolves and trolling the members is for you, good luck to you.

When you start being normal again, we can talk football, I quite enjoyed that now and then.

Thanks for the well wishes.

Back