• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2019 Transfer Thread

So... Can we still talk about quaint villages or not?

I had a feeling it would be page 100 before we had a signing, looking 110+ at this rate. Interesting debate on UK housing market though...

I spent my first season on PTG as most money in the bank waiting for Arsenal to sign him

So... Can we still talk about quaint villages or not?

Dunno,can tell you about thankful villages though,they're villages that sent people to fight in the First World War,and everyone came back,doubly thankful villages are the ones that had everyone return in the Second World War as well think there's about sixty in the UK.

Having checked,there's 53 thankful,14 doubly thankful.

Last edited:
Dunno,can tell you about thankful villages though,they're villages that sent people to fight in the First World War,and everyone came back,doubly thankful villages are the ones that had everyone return in the Second World War as well think there's about sixty in the UK.

Now this I have time for, where can I find these lists?!

That's interesting. I'd never heard of that. I Googled it too. Historic England has 43. Apparently, in 2013 "Medwyn Parry and Dougie Bancroft will be visiting every one of the 51 Thankful Villages in the United Kingdom. 13 of these are Double Thankful." (Guardian archives). I wonder whether it's like the Chorley crowd number - the longer it goes, the more it grows?

As with everything,Google is your friend,Wikipedia has the lists, if you go visit there's obviously no war memorial

yay,1750 posts in on this forum,and I've just written my second interesting one,that's a poor hit rate tbh.

yay,1750 posts in on this forum,and I've just written my second interesting one,that's a poor hit rate tbh.

To be fair, you do have one of the more original signatures.

To be fair, you do have one of the more original signatures.

That's the other interesting post I've written,nip over to that page and read the reason why Kenny Miller isn't popular

Obviously saw the post on here last night

That's the other interesting post I've written,nip over to that page and read the reason why Kenny Miller isn't popular

Well I would, but in my settings that forum has only 180pp. You should quote the thread number instead. (I've never needed a reason, though; I couldn't stand the overrated little shite myself. I was delighted when were offloaded him to whichever it was of the two Scottish teams.)

Back