• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2019 Transfer Thread

Pic flying round of Raphaël Nya signing on the dotted line so that's the first new face of the summer.

To be fair, Leeds are on the verge of selling Clarke for 10 mil up front plus add-ons to Spurs so it’s not unreasonable to think they are firming up their interest with a bid

Edit - link for those interested -> https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/jun/26/tottenham

If we can recoup nearly what we paid for him then that 'might' be a good deal - sill don't think that it will happen till the end of the transfer window so that we know what resources we have.

I've said it before but we really shouldn't be asking less than £15m given his record in that league and the current transfer climate.

Costa is a creative and yet disciplined and hard working player. I can utterly see why either Bielsa or someone at the club would have identified him him as someone who fits what they do.

Costa is a creative and yet disciplined and hard working player. I can utterly see why either Bielsa or someone at the club would have identified him him as someone who fits what they do.
Could be a steal if they can figure out how to perform a backbone replacement.

Could be a steal if they can figure out how to perform a backbone replacement.

giphy.gif

PMSL

Shall we file this one in the bullshit tray?

SBOBET
‏@SBOBET
Memphis Depay is reportedly targeted by the Wolverhampton Wanderers.
Nuno Espirito Santo's side are looking to bolster their squad as they prepare to battle in the #UEL next season.

Got to. He has been outstanding in France from what I have heard and so his cost would be vast. Couple of the European podcasts I listen too been raving all year about him.

Shall we file this one in the bullshit tray?

SBOBET
‏@SBOBET
Memphis Depay is reportedly targeted by the Wolverhampton Wanderers.
Nuno Espirito Santo's side are looking to bolster their squad as they prepare to battle in the #UEL next season.

I swear this rumour started with the Birmingham Mail running an article about how wolves were "amongst the favourites" to sign Depay because a bookie had us at 10/1.

I think statistically Depay was the best free kick taker in Europe last year. Something like 7 from 35

Depay would be a fantastic signing. Not sure how legitimate though?

Depay would be a fantastic signing. Not sure how legitimate though?

Not very. This has all happened because a random betting site had us down as favourites to sign him.

That's what I thought. :icon_lol: :jpshakehead:

There's more chance of me relocating to Memphis (n.b. nothing against Tennessee, it's quite nice actually - but it ain't happening)

CaN'T say I'm distraught on Camacho - young lad who wants to dictate what position he plays in. Watching the players come back for training y/day you saw what a tight group they are - anyone we sign is going to have fit into the team ethos Nuno has created

https://www.expressandstar.com/spor...hare-could-be-in-for-wolves-chance-in-europe/

If you don't like Timmy statements without quotes then this isn't for you, but in summary:
Bright to get Euro chance (probably). Still likely to go back on loan though
Costa to speak with Leeds, we'd prefer to sell but will accept a large loan fee
Cav not going if Costa does
Ronan staying in Slovakia
Giles eventually off to Shrews

Back