• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2019 Transfer Thread

Khedira played 17 games last season I think, if we could keep him fit he would be useful in our (potential) Europa league campaign I think.

Don’t see us paying him what he’d want with his injury record though

No chance of Neves leaving for Juve, especially in a straight player swap. In the current market we could ask for £70-80m as he is just that valuable to us.

If we had to take Khedira on for a year or so in order to get Kean it might be worth it?

Having said that most if not all reports seem to suggest Juve want to have a buyback clause which I doubt anyone with any sense would agree to

A buyback clause wouldn't be a disaster; if he does really well it'll basically work out that they've paid us to have him on loan for a year or two. We've got a bridge to gap in the next couple of years before we're seen as truly attractive to the level of player we need, this and loans is a good way to do it, rather than lowering the quality of player we go for

My completely unfounded prediction is that we’ll sign 2 players in the next 2 weeks, both of whom we haven’t been linked with and I won’t have heard of either of them.

CUTRONE DEAL CLOSE

Wolves have been quiet so far this summer, but we have some more news.

Sky sources understand they are close to an agreement with AC Milan over a fee for Patrick Cutrone.

A deal worth £16m plus add-ons is being negotiated by the clubs, Milan were holding out for £23m but are under FFP restrictions and need to recoup funds.

Cutrone is with the Milan squad in the US and is not wanting to rush a decision.

https://www.skysports.com/transfer-centre

Lemina blows hot and cold but he does give a more exact match to Dendoncker's skill set.

No thanks on Lemina. Highly questionable attitude.

Not a fan of Lemina, he's done bugger all in England bar score a belter against Albion.

Lemina is a sulky sod, the opposite of the type of player Nuno would want.

I've got absolute faith that our coaching team could get the best out of anybody tbh. Really gifted player, and dirt cheap considering his potential

I've got absolute faith that our coaching team could get the best out of anybody tbh. Really gifted player, and dirt cheap considering his potential

I agree with this. I wouldn’t worry too much about attitudes with Nuno in charge. He’s got a lot of potential and ultimately, we’re signing him as backup, so with that tag alone there’s a ceiling to what we can get.

I rate Lemina as a footballer and think he would add something different to our midfield when we need it - questions marks on his consistency and attitude - which I’m sure Nuno and our team would be taking into account. Does seem like agent talk though

He's 26 in September and has never nailed down a consistent role at any of his teams. When do you stop talking about potential?

From what I've seen of him at Southampton I'm not sure what he's meant to be, not particularly defensive or attacking minded, tidy on the ball without doing anything particularly impressive with it. He'd be a weak Moutinho tribute act at best I think.

CUTRONE DEAL CLOSE

Wolves have been quiet so far this summer, but we have some more news.

Sky sources understand they are close to an agreement with AC Milan over a fee for Patrick Cutrone.

A deal worth £16m plus add-ons is being negotiated by the clubs, Milan were holding out for £23m but are under FFP restrictions and need to recoup funds.

Cutrone is with the Milan squad in the US and is not wanting to rush a decision.

https://www.skysports.com/transfer-centre

So close but not actually that close?

Back