• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2016 Window Thread

I reckon he'll play for them on Friday.

signing an injured player , with a history of injuries, is not my idea of a transfer window.

Good job that wasn't our only signing then isn't it?

signing an injured player , with a history of injuries, is not my idea of a transfer window.

Pav, you are the only Wolves fan in the world that's unhappy with our transfer window you know that right? :icon_lol:

Are you being serious? That's 1 player out of the 13 we signed who happens to be injured, who we signed for free, who might even be back within a few weeks?

Pav, you are the only Wolves fan in the world that's unhappy with our transfer window you know that right? :icon_lol:

Oh bollocks to that Lycan.
i just refuse to be dragged into this wow we signed 13 we must be the dogs bollocks shit.

We needed defenders, we signed Stearman, we signed how many wingers? of the 13 how many are on loan because their current clubs are chock full of Mendes players?

Silvio as i have read has a history of injuries, ( I could be wrong of course).
We needed a goalkeeper , we signed Lonergan?

I have no real problem with us currently playing Edwards et al, the failures from last season, because the new boys need time to bed in, but i want to see the signings we are all getting hard ones about, actually playing regularly, at the moment it looks like a sell out for Burton, but if only one or two of the new super signings plays?

I love we have been taken over by Fosun who have the cash, I hate the Mendes involvement as you know, but i actually want to see a team made up of the new signings playa game or three, not a sub appearance from the bench.

I have been a Wolves supporter since 1957, I was a big mate of Barnwell's and know exactly what happened when we signed Andy Gray, so i have seen and heard the bullshit a million times, please fogive me, if in my dotage i don't start wanking before the birds get their kit off.

That makes Joao Teixeira the best squad player I've ever seen...

We must've seen some hope for Silvio or he wouldn't have passed a medical. Still no word on his injury?

Tend to agree with you on this, Teix has hardly looked a squad player

Andy Gray failed his first medical and a friendly quack was shipped in.

His fitness didn't really cost us though. What did was spending all our money on one player when the entire team needed freshening up. The *opposite* of what we've done this summer.

If, come this time next month, we're still seeing the new signings not playing then you may have a point, but I very much doubt that will happen. No-one's even getting that giddy, I bet fewer than 10% of the forum would back us to finish in the top two as it stands.

His fitness didn't really cost us though. What did was spending all our money on one player when the entire team needed freshening up. The *opposite* of what we've done this summer.

If, come this time next month, we're still seeing the new signings not playing then you may have a point, but I very much doubt that will happen. No-one's even getting that giddy, I bet fewer than 10% of the forum would back us to finish in the top two as it stands.

*Frank Mode Enabled* Im optimistic and think we'll finish 2nd

*Frank Mode Enabled* Im optimistic and think we'll finish 2nd

As much as I admire your optimism Roberto, I've still got us finishing anywhere between 5th and 10th. Maybe if we go and beat someone who's actually any good in the manner in which we dismantled Blues I might change my mind.

What I do know is that I'm looking forward to Saturday for the football AS WELL AS the day out and seeing good friends. It's been a while since that were the case.

Bodvarsson and Tex have been excellent. Costa has shown some outrageous touches and has pace to burn. Don't know about anybody else but just those 3 have made a difference to the team from last year and if we only had those 3 I think people would be a lot happier. The fact we have signed another 10 players on top of that (although 2 were 'keepers) can only be a good thing. Even of 7 of them flop that's a 65% improvement on the team from last season.

Andy Gray made 133 appearances for us so hardly a crock was he?

Correct ,
loved him and he was the best player at TGI Fridays I ever met. He dated my girlfriends cousin and was a big mate for a couple of three years, but that was not the point.

Barney wanted him, Marshall wanted to hold on to the Daley money, so the end result was 1-0 to Barney, and the signing on the pitch did the deed.

The point is, he failed his medical, and was still signed via a neat Barney body swerve, as our record fee, so what does that say for Silva and anyone else for that matter.

Transfers simply are not that straight forward, they weren't then and if you think they are now with Mendes in the frame, well.......really.

Back