• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Stoke 0 - Wolves 2 FA Cup surprise result verdict thread

If anybody fancies a chuckle, the thread on the Mix about the team selection is priceless.

Wow, just wow! Will post something when I get a chance but that was the best 90 minutes of football I've seen from wolves in years!
Oh and Mike Williamson is fit and ready to lead... so calm and it spread to the rest of the defence

And that may be the crux going forward. If Williamson stays fit he could be the leader organiser the defence needs.Iorfa and Hause hasve good confident games! No coincidence then.

Any news on Iorfa? I want that back 4 to start next week against Villa. Williamson says he was nervous doesn't sound like it apparently euphoric. Plenty of us been saying it for while the younger lads need some guidance even Batth was better alongside Willo just pray his injury woes are behind him.

I don't normally drink 2 nights on the trot but tonight I will make an exception!! So happy.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Just loved Lambert's "no $#@! given" attitude today

Defender with 45 minutes in the U23's team played in 14 months - Full game
16 year old on for his debut after 60 mins
Right back crocked - replace him with a forward.

I'll be honest, I was kinda shocked/critical of this when it happened. I think I tweeted something of the sort just before Doherty scored :run:

It's absolutely brilliant though, I was expecting this to be a lost game the moment we drew Stoke. Perhaps Hause/Williamson can come shore up our defences in the Championship now!

From a defensive perspective, sounds like just having one calm, experienced head in there made all the difference. Doherty aside, I've found it hard to comprehend how our defenders have defended so poorly of late, but I think it's because of the lack (in the whole back 5) of a leader - Williamson appears to be exactly what we've needed.

In his brief spell on loan last season Williamson settled our defence and Batth had his best spell along side him

In the odd world of football, Newcastle fans pissed themselves with joy when he joined us on loan, cried when he went back and had a fluid escape when we paid money for him.

I must admit that I doubted whether Williamson would play for Wolves again. Hopefully he can stay fit.

Is that our first goal direct from a free kick since Sako left?

Edit: No it isn't, ignore me :D

One very proud wolves fan - just got back

Was a bit worried when I saw the team sheet with Evans and saville together but they all played great. Special mention for Williamson - bossed and organised the defence and my god did it show. He must play whenever he is fit

Wolves fans were fab behind that goal - stoke fans very quiet

OK main stand but it's a crap stadium

Lambert is starting to get things right and he will desperately want to win next week

With a new striker and Williamson back we could have a good second half of the season

I loved that line up today. It got torn to shreds on the Wolves fans page on FB, love to see the morons being proven wrong.
Great to see Willo and Hause included, and also keep a clean sheet. Add Mason and Bright to attacking positions and I thought we would be potent today and so we were.

Fair play to Lambert, he's making the big calls, he's blooding the youngsters and I would imagine the morale at Compton on Monday will be amazing. Such a refreshing change compared to this time last year under KJ.

didnt think in my wildest dreams(and its wild believe me) we would beat Stoke away in the FA-Cup...amazing, proud to be a Wolf

I said at the time of the draw that we could get a result, but I was quickly informed that Stokes second string would be far too good for us. Just for once I was right.

I said at the time of the draw that we could get a result, but I was quickly informed that Stokes second string would be far too good for us. Just for once I was right.

And some. Given your recent accuracy including defeat at home to QPR you may get a request for some lottery numbers soon old mate

C1lV09vXUAM4Z33.jpg:large

At the time of the draw we were very very very shit though

Its ok though Wycombe will knock us out in round 4

Back