• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Stoke 0 - Wolves 2 FA Cup surprise result verdict thread

Never saw this coming. Sounds like Ikeme did well. Williamson makes a difference? Those who saw it let me know. Strong win and deserved. Mr Gloves has more goals than Bod and Dicko combined. If only he could defend!

Hope Williamson's body responds well over the coming days.

Listened whenever I could sounded like a great day out, about time we did something in the cup. From what I have read and heard the 2 Cb's were excellent Williamson helping Hause through the game, which is what he needs. Fingers crossed Willo has no reaction and can play in the league I can't see how Lambo could drop either after that??

Agree with others on the kids, its brilliant hes giving these lads some experience there is not a chance in hell KJ would have played a 16 year old in the 1st team. With the right blend and the captains armband heading to Willo (hopefully) I am excited for the rest of the season.

I echo the sentiments on Costa we have to try and keep him hes just getting better and better.

Wow, just wow! Will post something when I get a chance but that was the best 90 minutes of football I've seen from wolves in years!
Oh and Mike Williamson is fit and ready to lead... so calm and it spread to the rest of the defence

Delighted with the result. It's what happens when a number of us pick Stoke to score in the Goals on Saturday game. Put the Wolves game in every week please Quirky!

Totally agree with this. It's great that we're giving these young players a go. I'll forgive him for making me feel ancient. Gibbs-White is 2 DECADES younger than me FFS.
Well done Paul Lambert and well done Wolves.

He's 5 decades younger than me - you really don't count in this comparison

Good on him - Lambert seems quite happy to give our academy players a chance, and we do seem to have some who will make a difference

That's Burgoyne, Gibbs-White, Ronan & Bright all blooded this season terrific stuff.

Bollocks to a dry January I'm having a few beers after that, buzzing with the result and how many young players we have coming through. Must admit I wasn't to confident after looking at that starting line up.
Fair play to Lambert got things spot on again today, didn't see this coming but a great result which could give us a real lift for the rest of the season.

That's Burgoyne, Gibbs-White, Ronan & Bright all blooded this season terrific stuff.

Ennis will play too if he's fit before the end of the campaign. Hopefully Herc and Johnson at some point too and I like the look of Breslin.

Credit to Scott Sellars.

Just loved Lambert's "no fuck given" attitude today

Defender with 45 minutes in the U23's team played in 14 months - Full game
16 year old on for his debut after 60 mins
Right back crocked - replace him with a forward.

Ennis will play too if he's fit before the end of the campaign. Hopefully Herc and Johnson at some point too and I like the look of Breslin.

Credit to Scott Sellars.
Yes he's done a brilliant job really looking forward to seeing Herc in particular.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Mate said Williamson was different class and Iorfas performance today was totally out of the blue compared to what he's been like this season.

Not sure how to make those bigger, but a couple of class pics.

What a result!

Mate said Williamson was different class and Iorfas performance today was totally out of the blue compared to what he's been like this season.

Sounds like Lambert was right regarding the window if we can keep Williamson fit. Has to leave Batth out now surely for the foreseeable?

Back