• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Spoilt Princesses moaning about Media Coverage of Wolves

https://www.expressandstar.com/news...-for-future-of-landmark-wolverhampton-church/

Landmark klaxon

Landmark church in Wolverhampton, not St. Peters apparently.

My claim to making myself look a dick was outside that church,as an army cadet regimental sergeant major(ooh get me) we did a mayors guard of honour for a function there,I was leading the guard,the mayor arrived,I called the guard to attention,came to attention myself,and because I was wearing hobnail boots and there's a slope,fell over into an undignified heap,which the mayor then stepped over and disappeared inside.

My claim to making myself look a dick was outside that church,as an army cadet regimental sergeant major(ooh get me) we did a mayors guard of honour for a function there,I was leading the guard,the mayor arrived,I called the guard to attention,came to attention myself,and because I was wearing hobnail boots and there's a slope,fell over into an undignified heap,which the mayor then stepped over and disappeared inside.

:clap:

FFS people, ensure paddy doesn't go onto the E&S website. They've a "is this a wolves wobble" article"...

giphy.gif

I am trying to find my inner zen before I lose it and smash stuff up

Stupid fucking cunts.

Wouldn't be so bad if Timbolina hadn't done a piece very similar to my "Crisis, What Crisis?" article after we beat Ipswich...

You either think we're the best team in the league by a mile and we're going up, or you think we might (not will, but might) blow it. You can't waver between the two from week to week.

They reflect some of the idiots I speak to honestly its like "we're the best everyone else should just give up"

At the current rate of (point per game) last 8 games. Cardiff close the gap by 3pts(6pts short of us), Villa by 6pts(7) and Fulham by 8pts(9).
Of course we are not assured of going up till we are but FFS we are 13pts clear of 3rd we have 2.21ppg after 33 games. everyone else would lose points on us.
No wonder I don't buy papers I can get pant wetting on twitter. What pisses me off is that these twats knock Wolves at every oppurtunity and a vast amount
of their readers shape their views by what they read.

http://www.soccerstats.com/formtable.asp?league=england2

To be fair to Britney, he did basically say that all the pant-wetting was slightly ridiculous.

Although to even have an article about it is daft.

The facts first 11 games 23pts, second batch of 11 games 28pts, third batch 22pts we are officially in meltdown.
Yoave ler us daarn aggen aye ya Fosun owt Nuno owt Villa ul catch us get Steve Bruce in

Way I see it is even if we got relegation form of a point a game for the last 13 Villa and Derby need 2 a game (i.e. champions form) to just catch us.

Read Tim's player ratings from the Fulham game earlier. Agree with some, disagree with others (he really does have a problem with Willy Boly). But that's not the point.

Out of idle curiosity and because it all seemed a bit perfunctory, I had a look at the word count. Something like 470 and I was allowing him stuff like (on for N'Diaye, 67) in there.

Word count isn't everything, but my Norwich player ratings came in at 1,400 words or so and my reaction piece to Fulham which was a bit more of an analysis was around 1,900 words.

Can't be a time thing either where he's smashing out a piece within minutes of the final whistle because those Fulham ratings came out a good two hours after I published my article on Sunday morning.

He can write when he wants to (whether I agree with him or not) so I wonder why he's being instructed to produce material that has zero depth to it?

Yeah, I feel a bit for him as I think he's just asked to rattle off click bait crap at a rate of 3 to 4 articles a day, if not more. Suppose that's the nature of local journalism these days.

Probably took me around two and a half hours to sort the Fulham piece, from thinking up the six headings to publishing (a bit on Saturday night, then finished it all off on Sunday morning when the cricket finished).

Player ratings, maybe an hour or so. Because you don't really have to be creative there, you're just assessing each individual based on what you've seen and chucking in whatever context/wider picture to it.

So I don't think it's a time thing, I think it's the E&S for some reason don't trust their readership to concentrate for more than about 90 seconds on anything Tim writes. And yet Jonny Phillips' articles have always provoked a very positive reaction.

And yet Jonny Phillips' articles have always provoked a very positive reaction.

That's a valid point, I always make an effort to read his articles whereas I never bother with Tim's stuff. The E&S is like a local more right wing version of the sun, I guess Tim has to meet their target audience.

Read Tim's player ratings from the Fulham game earlier. Agree with some, disagree with others (he really does have a problem with Willy Boly). But that's not the point.

Out of idle curiosity and because it all seemed a bit perfunctory, I had a look at the word count. Something like 470 and I was allowing him stuff like (on for N'Diaye, 67) in there.

Word count isn't everything, but my Norwich player ratings came in at 1,400 words or so and my reaction piece to Fulham which was a bit more of an analysis was around 1,900 words.

Can't be a time thing either where he's smashing out a piece within minutes of the final whistle because those Fulham ratings came out a good two hours after I published my article on Sunday morning.

He can write when he wants to (whether I agree with him or not) so I wonder why he's being instructed to produce material that has zero depth to it?

He comes across as far more eloquent and intelligent on the podcasts than he does in the articles that he writes, that's for sure. Which as you say suggests he is told to dumb things down.

That's a valid point, I always make an effort to read his articles whereas I never bother with Tim's stuff. The E&S is like a local more right wing version of the sun, I guess Tim has to meet their target audience.

You only have to look at Twitter to see there's a big market out there for something different than what the E&S provide. I wouldn't say my stuff is especially popular compared to the bigger blogs out there (eventually I'll hit a niche where I have four people who absolutely adore what I do, and everyone else will never read another word :D ) but it does ok and the other sites get a much bigger endorsement.

I can certainly say that I'd never have bothered writing Wolves stuff away from the forum/Facebook if the local paper had some real decent content, because what would be the point.

I don't know who the E&S are trying to appeal to because as a news source, evening papers are dead and have been for years, and in terms of analysis/features (which should be their bread and butter), they're as lightweight as a Mason/Seol strikeforce.

You only have to look at Twitter to see there's a big market out there for something different than what the E&S provide. I wouldn't say my stuff is especially popular compared to the bigger blogs out there (eventually I'll hit a niche where I have four people who absolutely adore what I do, and everyone else will never read another word :D ) but it does ok and the other sites get a much bigger endorsement.

I can certainly say that I'd never have bothered writing Wolves stuff away from the forum/Facebook if the local paper had some real decent content, because what would be the point.

I don't know who the E&S are trying to appeal to because as a news source, evening papers are dead and have been for years, and in terms of analysis/features (which should be their bread and butter), they're as lightweight as a Mason/Seol strikeforce.

I guess the E&S make there money from advertising these days? Their website is certainly a blight on the eyes and the only time I read the paper is when it comes through the door free. I assume that leads to a need to get people moving through content quickly to see more and different ads etc.

Long read stuff is probably most people's preference (its ideal for me at lunch breaks etc), but doesn't help with ad click rates.

Back