• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Spoilt Princesses moaning about Media Coverage of Wolves

We will sign at least one striker.

McAlinden is still here but I don't think Ken really knows what to do with him.

They nicked that story from the BBC who did a video of the best Wimbledon tantrums last week.

Just Watched the video on the website today and George Margreitter was on it! Totally forgot he played for us! Where does his future lie? Complete waste of 3 years for him at an important stage of his career

Well there isn't a Group 3 any more, so I guess he has to train with the main group. I'd be amazed if he was in Kenny's thinking though. Contract is probably too weighty for either side to agree to rip it up/come to an agreement at the moment though, so expect another loan somewhere until January and then we will do a deal.

Essentially a chat with a guy in a pub who knows as much as the interweb does. I feel for him.

Essentially a chat with a guy in a pub who knows as much as the interweb does. I feel for him.

I pretty much agree. There is no doubt that Tim is a massive Wolves fan and this must have seemed like a dream job for a bloke who was basically a blogger two seasons ago, but the club have pulled up the drawbridge to the E&S over the last five years and I don't see many, if any, juicy bits of gen being passed on. Hence the glut of archive stories and bollocks like that filling the pages now. They are completely out of the loop and I don't think that will change while Moxey, Morgan and Jackett are in place.

Spiers is definitely a step up on Nash as he appears to have a basic understanding of the game. I'm not even convinced Nash likes football, he had no grasp of the playing or business side of things at all and definitely knew nothing about our history etc. However if he isn't getting information then webchats like the above have little value. Most people on here could have provided that level of insight, most of it just his opinion - which he puts across pretty well (again, better than Nash, who had a continual sneering tone - tosser) but that's all it is.

He is a better writer than Nash. However, the line about "Wolves were looking to spend very little" this summer in the Ameobi story is revealing the E&S true colours again. Absolutely nothing to substantiate that comment at all, but it gets site hits and gets fans hot under the collar. It was all the style of a shite Nash dig. Makes me think that the editors / headline writers are determined to act the cunt around the club. If that is the case, the relationship is permanently fractured and the E&S are just going to be wailing away to themselves soon while the club either ignores them or gives them mis-information that they then use to make the paper look stupid almost immediately. There is form for that, and I expect to see it happen again.

Is negative press better for circulation / page impressions? If you look at any verdict thread on here or Mol Mix a 2 0 defeat will always have significantly more comment that a 2 0 win. I wonder if the negative tone is deliberate as it plays better. See the comments section for evidence. Mainly idiots but when trying to flog advertising space it probably works for them.

With a forum it's an inevitability, there is always much more to discuss when everything is going wrong and there are multiple issues to be fixed with everyone having their own idea how to do that, as opposed to everything going right and well...there isn't much to say other than well played Wolves and keep everything as it is.

I think there's a big difference between that and deliberately skewing the negative angle of a story in a paper or on the paper's website, sometimes to the point of being outright misleading or false.

.....but if that gets more click throughs and outraged of Coseley to reply in the comments section with the usual toss is that job done? Less about journalism more about sensationalism/online hits. WM do exactly the same thing via Paul Franks and his Tony Butler lite impression

They could easily write thought provoking stuff that wasn't a bad impression of Adrian Durham, it would mean investing in actual writing talent though.

For every halfwit who comments on their articles, there must be more who refuse to buy the paper or look at the website any more, because why waste your time reading what is obviously bollocks - often easily disprovable by laymen like us let alone anyone else.

Franks' sole business a lot of the time is generating calls to the station. It's incredibly crude but probably effective and he wouldn't be held so much to journalistic standards, after all the "product" is the fans frothing away rather than whoever's in the studio. I don't listen to WM any more because I've had enough of their tiresome agenda but then I'm not the kind of person who's going to phone them up anyway.

The paper itself I agree is terrible. The Derby Telegraph coverage of their local side is more insightful and opinion based with genuine exclusives as they clearly have a decent relationship with the club. Their match reports are considered and thought provoking rather than just factually saying what happened in the game, unlike Nash's efforts. However I'm not sure people really don't read the online stuff though. This thread proves that many people (myself included) at least skim read most articles therefore adding to online circulation, others chose to get outraged

Back