• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Spoilt Princesses moaning about Media Coverage of Wolves

I think it's refreshing. Nice to see a journo tell it as it should be.

But did the Journo actually say anything to O'Hara or just agree with platitudes before sticking the boot in when he got off the phone. I reckon the latter is more likely!

I've disagreed with him on a few things and he's able to engage in debate perfectly well on Twitter. Some of the time.

He does seem to have a following and tends to get some people who don't need to get involved to divert the attention from himself.

He does seem to have a following and tends to get some people who don't need to get involved to divert the attention from himself.

He's got a following because he's the Wolves correspondent of the local paper that still has a large readership.

Ian, I was getting at the idiots who think they know everything and verbally attack people for thinking different.

Difficult one this, who do we dislike more? O'Hara or Nash. O'Hara is typical of the majority of professional football players and the majority of today's journalists are as poor as Nash. I occasionally enjoy watching football and I very occasionally enjoy reading something from a newspaper, but on the whole, both footballers and journalists are egotistical scum. Sorry if this shatters someone's illusions, but it's true.

Last edited:
Nash is playing to his audience, nothing more, nothing less.

Playing to the audience is fine as it sells papers. But this is made up nasty bollocks to ingratiate himself to the lowest common denominator of Wolves fan. Shoddy and pointless article

Not sure if Nash is a drama queen or just very childish, doesn't reflect well on his profession.

I suspect he's just following editorial guidelines, and as he has a living to make, doesn't want to lose the gig.

I still don't understand why O'Hara would go to a newspaper that continually takes his words, and those of his team mates, completely out of context. Sometimes the headlines are so far removed from the story that I wonder whether I'm actually reading the correct article. I've found they tend to recycle quotes and articles from the official Wolves website for a bit of column filling, too. Nash seems like a nice bloke, but the publication he writes for appears to be on its last legs where Wolves are concerned.

I still don't understand why O'Hara would go to a newspaper that continually takes his words, and those of his team mates, completely out of context. Sometimes the headlines are so far removed from the story that I wonder whether I'm actually reading the correct article. I've found they tend to recycle quotes and articles from the official Wolves website for a bit of column filling, too. Nash seems like a nice bloke, but the publication he writes for appears to be on its last legs where Wolves are concerned.

It seems strange that the story the E&S ran was pretty much word for word the interview that O'Hara gave to Talk Sport. They follow this up with an article by Nash stating that he got the story from O'Hara phoning him. Either JOH is reading from a prepared, pre-written script or Nash has made the phone call up.....You decide

Who cares if O'Hara phoned him or not and I wonder what O'Hara needs to defend in any case. That's playground stuff from Nash but I found it quite funny for its pathetic ness. I suppose he thinks it might make him popular with the support by ridiculing O'Hara. Maybe I'm in the minority but I choose not to scapegoat O'Hara or anybody else. If I had been on the pitch and had the same abuse I'm not sure I could have ignored it. All of them need a move ASAP, sick of hearing about them.

I'm all in favour of giving the 'young' lads a chance, but if JOH and Rojo are still at the club during the season, does it make sense to isolate these highly expensive individuals ?

It makes sense to use them but they could be poison to the dressing room morale.

If you're hosting a posh dinner party, do you keep the dining room doors open so next door's cat can come in and take a shit on the floor?

Just remember you are paying that cat £40,000 a week

I'm sure KJ would not allow morale to suffer, but, yes how can we justify leaving £5 million worth of 'talent' out of the squad ?

Back