• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Societal collapse?

My barber is on the Nearcut app so I can book and amend my appointments, add products and pay via the app rather than handing over cash when I go for my appointment
And I bet he was there 5 years ago. I've said before but the suburb I live in had 2 barbers pre Covid, they now have 5. There's not been a significant increase in males wanting their hair cut and surprisingly no increase in female outlets where the overheads are higher and transactions much more likely to be by card.

Our estate has one hairdressers/barbers for probably 44 years. There are now three more barbers, all Turkish. Never see anybody in them on the odd occasion I do go past.

It’s quite clear why they exist. But they do a good job, I rarely have to wait and HMRC get increased tax revenue. So everyone is winning

So it’s not global warming, famine, cyber outages, war, dictators or financial crashes that’ll be the end of society, it’s Turkish barbers?

And I bet he was there 5 years ago. I've said before but the suburb I live in had 2 barbers pre Covid, they now have 5. There's not been a significant increase in males wanting their hair cut and surprisingly no increase in female outlets where the overheads are higher and transactions much more likely to be by card.
Yeah she's been there at least 15 years, Mandy the Man City fan

It’s quite clear why they exist. But they do a good job, I rarely have to wait and HMRC get increased tax revenue. So everyone is winning
Surely if you have more barbers in a small town, some of the original barbers won't be able to survive. I don't see how they win.
I don't see how there is more tax revenue, as there are only the same amount of clientes.

Last edited:
Surely if you have more barbers in a small town, some of the original barbers won't be able to survive. I don't see how they win.
I don't see how there is more tax revenue, as there are only the same amount of clientes.
The suggestion is they are laundering money so they put it through the books as if it came from real punters and the business then has to pay tax on the profits. Whether they ever stay around long enough to pay tax is a different matter.

The suggestion is they are laundering money so they put it through the books as if it came from real punters and the business then has to pay tax on the profits. Whether they ever stay around long enough to pay tax is a different matter.

They won’t be paying any tax. The ‘business’ will submit returns showing a nominal profit with any ‘profit’ itself being within non-taxable threshold’s. There’s absolutely no need to be paying any tax at all, you just push ‘revenue’ through each business to its cost-covering non-taxable limit, then you open another….. and another…. and another…

A conventional business will struggle to pay high rents, business rates etc. These companies actively benefit from it.

It’s no coincidence the premises vacated by failed businesses are being replaced by supposedly ‘thriving’ barbers (and suchlike) who have even less trade than the businesses they replaced who failed.

The arrested man's address is just under a mile from Luxor Street where the original 'dispute' took place. The bus that was set alight on Foundry Approach which is just under a mile from Luxor Street and closer to Clifton Avenue (4 minute walk, and in a different direction from Luxor Street), which would support the local community activists' claims that the escalation was caused by people from 'outside' the immediate area.

Last edited:
They won’t be paying any tax. The ‘business’ will submit returns showing a nominal profit with any ‘profit’ itself being within non-taxable threshold’s. There’s absolutely no need to be paying any tax at all, you just push ‘revenue’ through each business to its cost-covering non-taxable limit, then you open another….. and another…. and another…

A conventional business will struggle to pay high rents, business rates etc. These companies actively benefit from it.

It’s no coincidence the premises vacated by failed businesses are being replaced by supposedly ‘thriving’ barbers (and suchlike) who have even less trade than the businesses they replaced who failed.
Car washes and the beauty sector.

Last edited:
You know what’ll stop this,

Week or so of it pissing down, we only get trouble like this when it’s hot and dry.

I was gonna say the same last night, rioters don’t like the rain.

Back