• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Societal collapse?

I am definitely not a kid but that is me. Not sure why anyone would need a card these days
I still use cards, principally because if I lose my wallet I can withdraw from the NatWest App with my phone. If I lose my phone I've not lost my cards. I'm a Luddite

Last edited:
Having lived through an economic collapse 15yrs ago, can tell you at one stage you had to have cash on you as some business would only take that, it kept the economy turning as no credit existed.

I still use a card, it's not like its a massive faff.
Not against using my phone but what if it dies or there's no signal?

Having lived through an economic collapse 15yrs ago, can tell you at one stage you had to have cash on you as some business would only take that, it kept the economy turning as no credit existed.

Cards = credit? Cash kept the economy turning? So much nonsense in so few words. If you were able to withdraw cash, you were able to pay on card.

I still use a card, it's not like its a massive faff.
Not against using my phone but what if it dies or there's no signal?

I have my debit card in my phone case for the same reason, and now don't carry a wallet. I feel like it's made life so much easier, as irrational as that may be.

Cards = credit? Cash kept the economy turning? So much nonsense in so few words. If you were able to withdraw cash, you were able to pay on card.
If you read it properly, I said a lot of businesses wouldn't take cards so you had to keep cash on you.
I was there but you obviously know fucking better

I still use cards, principally because if I lose my wallet I can withdraw from the NatWest App with my phone. If I lose my phone I've not lost my cards. I'm a Luddite
1) how do you lose your phone?
2) buy an apple Watch!

I spot a fault in the having a card in your phone case as a safety net in case you lose your phone.
Third post in a row. Going for that other guys record… (TT has saved me)

Took my card in my phone case when away in Amsterdam to have “less things to lose”. Got pickpocketed and was shafted.

I've lost 1, fell out of my pocket on a bus. I've had many that I've found don't bounce or react well with water
As per my post I’ve lost my phone from a pickpocket. I knew straight away but I was too pissed to do anything about it. Sitting duck in his eyes. I’ve also chucked it in water twice. Fortunately they are waterpooof now.

If you read it properly, I said a lot of businesses wouldn't take cards so you had to keep cash on you.
I was there but you obviously know fucking better
Well firstly, you said 'some businesses', not 'a lot of businesses'

But besides that significant change... A lot of businesses where? Certainly not in most of the developed world.

Cash keeping "the economy turning as no credit existed" is laughable, but if you've not had enough attention today then you get as angry as you like xx

Well firstly, you said 'some businesses', not 'a lot of businesses'

But besides that significant change... A lot of businesses where? Certainly not in most of the developed world.

Cash keeping "the economy turning as no credit existed" is laughable, but if you've not had enough attention today then you get as angry as you like xx
Know it all prick xxx

If you’re on the side of the mail there is a fair chance you’re wrong

1721420754361.png

If you’re on the side of the mail there is a fair chance you’re wrong

View attachment 11135
Err I didn't say that, all I said was 12 years ago when Ireland suffered an economic collapse (about the same time that bloke Man City signed today was young) cash became far more important to have.

Actually economists do say that there should always be an element of cash in the economy.

But carry on.

In fairness the Turkish barbers do actually have real clients (including me). Unlike the sunbed studios of 20 years ago or nail salons of 10 years ago.
The one at the end of my road is really good actually and I can pay by card.

The ones that have popped up in London are all the “dessert” places. There’s so many on the high road in Leyton that never have anyone in them at all.

My barber is on the Nearcut app so I can book and amend my appointments, add products and pay via the app rather than handing over cash when I go for my appointment

Back