• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Societal collapse?

A media and political class that competes on who can push out the most anti-immigrant rhetoric for ten years, it's not surprise there's a fall out. The dildo of consequences rarely arrives unlubed
That's a very peep show phrase, and I'm using it!

seems pretty obvious there's a co-ordinated attempt to destabilise going on. when you have the likes of elon musk suggesting civil war is inevitable then it's more than just madness or concerns about immigration. there's a power grab going on here and in the US. find an issue, divide and rule. twitter for instance is just poison and misinformation now - just a transparent propaganda tool.

seems pretty obvious there's a co-ordinated attempt to destabilise going on. when you have the likes of elon musk suggesting civil war is inevitable then it's more than just madness or concerns about immigration. there's a power grab going on here and in the US. find an issue, divide and rule. twitter for instance is just poison and misinformation now - just a transparent propaganda tool.
I agree.

But why? What's the motive, and by whom?

Seeds of this began with austerity. Brexit vote was an expression of discontent and a hope that something would change. Politicians on both sides and media blaming immigrants and asylum seekers for a decline in living standards and here we are.

there are certainly events that will soften a population for manipulation - banking crisis followed by austerity being a couple. but that doesn't explain a character like Musk getting involved in UK issues. you can sort of understand his stance in the US election from a machiavellian perspective - I think I read a tweet where he basically admitted he's got no traction/help on things he wanted with the democrats (under biden) so he's decided to go all in with trump. rich egocentrics & companies backing & funding politicians for later favours is historically commonplace, clearly not democratic or philanthropic. I guess fuelling discontent in the UK could be useful in a 'look what can happen' way for the US election. but this feels like something far more insidiously significant.

I agree.

But why? What's the motive, and by whom?

are you asking me who in addition to musk might want to destabilise the current UK government? i don't think any help should be needed to answer that.

Elon Musk is a right wing nut job and massive weirdo covers most of it.
Yet he sells a product that the hard right hate.

Although, he is doing his best to destroy that company with his behaviour recently.

Feels to me he just thinks it’s imperative the right of centre voice is heard and with the perception it’s increasingly silenced he was prepared to pay gazillions for X to facilitate that.

Not sure if there’s any bigger game plan than that but who knows. As has been said he’s at risk of damaging his Tesla brand but he’s got this far without giving a shit about most things so he’s probably unlikely to start now.

Elon is a fucking moron.

I also hate him because my links to quizzes and my site don't work properly any more. The quizzes don't show up with any description, just a picture that you don't necessarily know to click on, and he actively throttles traffic away from Substack so people don't see it in their feed if I put a link up.

Andrea Jenkins on Newsnight last night, what a vile piece of humanity she is.

My wife was talking with my eldest grandaughter today. She has 3 girls, the youngest is mixed race and she has the classic features of dark skin, black curly hair and brown eyes. In light of recent events, my grandaughter is aprehensive about letting the youngest go outside to play.

The area where they live is multi-cultural and a nice relaxed street to live on. Her neighbours are extremely anxious and concerned about going out.

What a fucking shitshow this country has become.

The last week has been fucking depressing. I’m planning to go to Australia next year to watch the ashes and probably spend some time in NZ as well.

The events of the last week are really making me want to a) accelerate those plans and b) probably not come back.

Back